CHL Valhalla...Where the old & expired cards go to rest

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

CHL Valhalla...Where the old & expired cards go to rest

Post by Vol Texan »

When I got my CHL, I set an appointment in Outlook to remind me to renew it on 3 Mar 2016. That day came, and I filled out the online forms. By 7 Mar, it was in the mail, including my DD214 this time so I could get the reduced cost renewal.

I've checked several times on the DPS website, hoping to receive some indication that it was in processing, but no joy. I started to think that perhaps they had not yet received my documents. As of yesterday, there was nothing on the site to indicate they were working on it.

Then, today, I checked the mail and found it had arrived - and there was much celebration. :anamatedbanana

Now that I have my new LTC in, I guess it's time to retire my old CHL to that folder in my safe where I keep all my expired & full passports, etc. That old card served me well, and still had a few good months left on it; but it has earned its retirement in CHL Valhalla: inside my safe, next to the guns that it empowered me to carry (and a few others as well).

Next step: renew my wife's card this month so her old card can enjoy retirement alongside mine.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

joe817

Re: CHL Valhalla...Where the old & expired cards go to rest

Post by joe817 »

:lol: Good post Vol Texan! I kept my expired license as well. I've thought about framing it & putting it in an out of the way place where very few people but me see it(like the wall of my closet)....kind of like when people frame a dollar bill & caption it "my first dollar bill". :cool:

But you all could frame BOTH of them & do a side by side labeling it "Our First CHL" ;-)
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: CHL Valhalla...Where the old & expired cards go to rest

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I wish I had kept my first license. Not only was it my first, it was a two-year license.

Chas.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”