Just sent in documents; Excited but...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Just sent in documents; Excited but...

Post by Take Down Sicko »

The only thing dark about my class was the price i had to pay...i`m just wondering what is meant by IANAL?. I see it writen here often.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

Take Down Sicko wrote:The only thing dark about my class was the price i had to pay...i`m just wondering what is meant by IANAL?. I see it writen here often.
IANAL = I Am Not A Lawyer
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I see. Thanks

Topic author
Fluidic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Fluidic »

LosAlce wrote:
Fluidic wrote: As for the person who said something along the lines of "Idk how you'd lose your job," Idk about you but my work isn't going to like it when I tell them I'll be in jail for an indefinite amount of time. Even if I was able to post bail or matters were resolved quickly, I would more than likely be gone for at least a couple days which won't sit well either.
I'm privileged to work for very understanding people. I was gone for a month to be with my husband's family as my mother-in-law suddenly fell ill and slowly began to decline after we had to remove her from life support. I didn't want to imply that there isn't a way for you to lose your job, what my intent was that why couldn't a situation like that be treated as a family emergency? hypothetically wouldn't it be anyway because it was either y'all or them?

Regardless, as I stated before, I don't know your circumstances. I can only speak for my own. I just wanted to clarify that I was not trying to say something like being thrown in jail or being fired couldn't happen. IANAL. The book I suggested earlier helped to answer my questions of how various circumstances could work out, and it was compiled by lawyers. I'm not trying to sell you something, I get no benefit from it other than sharing a resource that I found valuable (and continue to) for myself and my husband.

I wish you the best of luck navigating the complexity of self defense! :thumbs2:
Sorry if my response came off as rude or something like that. People have always found me to be rude even if that wasn't my intention. I appreciate your response!

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Quite a few members of the class I spoke to felt the same way as I did. Many of these responses have helped to relieve the uneasiness I had about carrying. Excited to get my plastic!

LosAlce
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LosAlce »

Fluidic wrote:
Sorry if my response came off as rude or something like that. People have always found me to be rude even if that wasn't my intention. I appreciate your response!

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Quite a few members of the class I spoke to felt the same way as I did. Many of these responses have helped to relieve the uneasiness I had about carrying. Excited to get my plastic!
No worries at all! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't rude to you for the same reasons. I totally know what it's like to have your responses taken in a way you didn't intend. Unintentionally started my own firestorm in a different thread yesterday! One should not surf the forums on painkillers hahaha :roll:

Good luck with your wait and enjoy pouring through the information on this forum. It helps pass the time waiting for your plastic :lol:
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”