Wait time is ridiculous.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

crs2fer4
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wait time is ridiculous.

Post by crs2fer4 »

Thank you sir, glad to hear...never know, when you are dealing with govt. :cheers2:

Zeke_USMC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Zeke_USMC »

My original CHL back in 2009 took 60 days to get.

Since I moved away from TX for 2 years, I had to obtain a new license when I moved back. Below is my timeline for the LTC.

From the time I submitted all of the documentation until it was "mailed" was 6 weeks exactly. This is actually 2 weeks quicker than it was in 2009.

Everything submitted online to DHS: 6/28/16
Application Status Change: 6/30/16 All Green, Awaiting Background Check
Application Status Change: 08/08/16 Background Check Complete, Print Pending
Application Status Change: 08/11/16 Mailed
Plastic In Hand: WAITING

I had called DHS on 7/29 and they told me the FBI was the long pole in the tent, and it was taking on average 6-10 weeks for DHS to get everything back from the FBI.

Txdarkside

Post by Txdarkside »

I've submitted my renewal on 6/10 and and too this date I still don't have anything and it's pending background & finger prints.... I mean seriously it takes this long!!! :headscratch
image.jpeg

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

Interesting comment about the FBI - I was told by the FBI that they finished my check in a day, and that the state was the holdup. I believe the FBI in this case, though when trying to purchase a firearm recently, I was told I had to wait for approval - interesting, since my LTC has been issued.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”