Wait time is ridiculous.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Speed Racer
Posts in topic: 3

Wait time is ridiculous.

Post by Speed Racer »

Documents submitted 4/27/16, for a renewal. I have had CHL since first available.
Progress page says eligibility review ( or some such)
So now it's 60-120 days for renewals?
Not to be on the conspiracy bandwagon here, but this office is in Austin, home of the liberal anti-gun bed weters. Maybe they are doing a work slowdown to show their disagreement with 2nd amendment rights.
I'll not put it past them.
Next step is calling the good Governor!!

OkieBrian
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wait time is ridiculous.

Post by OkieBrian »

It seems renewals that were submitted in March/April are taking forever. Turnaround on new LTCs are down to less than a month.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

Mine in June took 3 weeks. Really sorry to hear it's taking that long for Mar/Apr. As a side note I renewed mine exactly 180 days before it was going to expire in Nov...in case I got caught in this.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

NTexCopRetired

Post by NTexCopRetired »

That's what I did. Renewed as soon as eligible. Took three weeks and mine didn't expire until next month.

Dart106A

Post by Dart106A »

I let mine expire in March (thought it was the end of the month, and not my birthday), so I called to explain, and they said just renew like normal. That was around the 3rd week of March, and I got my new card on May 3rd.

budabagger

Post by budabagger »

Contact your state rep. I know some on here disagree, but that is what got mine moving as well as others. I was an April submittal for an original. Contacted rep last week and next day I got a call from DPS saying it was complete and would be mailed out this past Monday. It just changed today to "mailed" so we will see, but contact your state rep. There is a huge delay for anything late March to April.

OkieBrian

Post by OkieBrian »

budabagger wrote:Contact your state rep. I know some on here disagree, but that is what got mine moving as well as others. I was an April submittal for an original. Contacted rep last week and next day I got a call from DPS saying it was complete and would be mailed out this past Monday. It just changed today to "mailed" so we will see, but contact your state rep. There is a huge delay for anything late March to April.
Yup that's what I ended up doing. That got me a call from DPS but it was to say they needed a new pic, that I could take with my phone. Did that two days ago but haven't seen any movement from then.

stars200

Post by stars200 »

I submitted mine for renewal on 6/24 so it will be 3 weeks tomorrow. My license expires in December. There looked to not be any action on mine until Tuesday of this week 7/12. On Tuesday I got the status update.
Capture.JPG
On Wednesday the Fingerprints status changed from Received to Under Review and now on Thursday back to Received.

Hopefully, I am just a few days from under review to complete and plastic issued.

I renewed just under my 180 days just in case there was some kind of hold up, but considering my wife just got her first license in May right at the 60 day mark, did not expect one. Actually, pretty pleased so far with the turn around on my renewal and with the expiration date so far out on my current license the stress of will it be here in time has been null.

I also want to applaud the RSD for putting the status back online. That was a great tool for my first application to know exactly what was going on with the application and that everything was in their hands and just waiting on the Background check to finish. :txflag:

Topic author
Speed Racer

Post by Speed Racer »

Called my State Rep today. He said he had received about 20 calls about slow renewals or approvals. Took my info and said he would get right on it and get something going. "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" was his quote. Sad but true.
We will see when he calls back tomorrow, as he promised. And I bet he does!'

Riskman956

Post by Riskman956 »

I've been waiting for my license since December 12th. I've had to re-send the same two things three different times now. Friday I called and was told that everything seemed to have been received and now I just had to wait.

jbdunn82

Post by jbdunn82 »

Speed Racer wrote:Called my State Rep today. He said he had received about 20 calls about slow renewals or approvals. Took my info and said he would get right on it and get something going. "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" was his quote. Sad but true.
We will see when he calls back tomorrow, as he promised. And I bet he does!'

What area are you from and Who did you call? I may need to give someone a call as well.

Topic author
Speed Racer

Post by Speed Racer »

Finally received the card on 7/28. That's 3 months wait time following notice that renewal documents (done online) have been received.
Byron Cooks my State Representative, and once I contacted his office, things started moving.

crs2fer4

Post by crs2fer4 »

Hey guys, Mine is all green but last line, Print Pending....like that for 2 days. What does that mean?

dfw_newbie

Post by dfw_newbie »

crs2fer4 wrote:Hey guys, Mine is all green but last line, Print Pending....like that for 2 days. What does that mean?
It means that everything was approved, and now once it is printed, it changes to mailed.. mine's been hung up there for 3 or 4 days

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”