Is there accountability?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jayinsat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is there accountability?

Post by jayinsat »

My wife and I moved end of June. I submitted a change of address for us both on July 9th. I got mine 10 days later, her status still has not changed as of today, August 16th, 2016. That's more than 30 days for a simple address change. The receipt and trace number are both accurate so, the reason for her delay??? :headscratch

I'll add this note for the previous race comment: both me and my wife are African American. I am not seeing the preferential treatment apparently we are afforded.

edit:
p.s. our drivers licenses have yet to be mailed also. The website shows they were "mailed" July 13th 2016. Still haven't received them.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

parabelum
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Is there accountability?

Post by parabelum »

To be clear,

"It would be easier to turn those wheels if you were black though."

The statement above was directed at the unfortunate fact, that if you happen to be of color, the mere mention of seeking potential legal remedies due to seemingly unwarranted delay of Constitutional Rights will result, in most cases, for the wheels of bureaucracy to spin a bit faster, as everyone is on edge these days, for fear that they will be sued. That's all.

I concede that I probably should have started a different thread on examples of racism of this government against Caucasian males. For that I apologize.

OP, let us know if you can get any traction with your Representative.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”