I have an LTC but was Denied Purchase by FBI

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TXPeaceOfficerDave
Banned
Posts in topic: 20

Re: I have an LTC but was Denied Purchase by FBI

Post by TXPeaceOfficerDave »

"How do they know what weapons off base personnel own?"

Good question. Answer: whenever you lived or have ever lived on base you must fill out an on base weapons registration form. It is given to the base commander office and the base police.

Then in turn The weapons registration is entered into the
Internal base 911 system so that anytime you are on base or your car is on base they know if you are a private weapons owner. It is so that if the military police ever are called to your house they know ahead of time if you're likely to be armed.

Fast forward to 15 years later. You've not lived on base since 2002. But you get a new commander that orders all military personnel to register their weapons and store at base armory. They then pull the registration for ANYONE THAT HAS EVER HAD A WEAPON REGISTERED AT ANY MOMITARY BASE to see if you're on the list. If so. Bam!

This is the mindset of the Army. They are fifty shades of crazy!! (Pun intended)

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TexasTornado »

TXPeaceOfficerDave wrote:"How do they know what weapons off base personnel own?"

Good question. Answer: whenever you lived or have ever lived on base you must fill out an on base weapons registration form. It is given to the base commander office and the base police.

Then in turn The weapons registration is entered into the
Internal base 911 system so that anytime you are on base or your car is on base they know if you are a private weapons owner. It is so that if the military police ever are called to your house they know ahead of time if you're likely to be armed.

Fast forward to 15 years later. You've not lived on base since 2002. But you get a new commander that orders all military personnel to register their weapons and store at base armory. They then pull the registration for ANYONE THAT HAS EVER HAD A WEAPON REGISTERED AT ANY MOMITARY BASE to see if you're on the list. If so. Bam!

This is the mindset of the Army. They are fifty shades of crazy!! (Pun intended)
Just because you owned them 15 years ago doesn't mean you own them now. Just saying.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

TXPeaceOfficerDave
Banned

You're exactly right. Bro what they'll
Do is require you to show receipt or transfer or sale. Easy enough.

And when Hillary the anti gun nut comes into power all
Of these things the Army wants to do will
Come to fruition. She is that nuts.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

TXPeaceOfficerDave wrote:You're exactly right. Bro what they'll
Do is require you to show receipt or transfer or sale. Easy enough.

And when Hillary the anti gun nut comes into power all
Of these things the Army wants to do will
Come to fruition. She is that nuts.
Except you don't legally need a receipt of transfer or sale in Texas (tho you SHOULD have one it's not a requirement)
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

TXPeaceOfficerDave
Banned

You're right. You don't need a receipt. But if you transfer a firearm anywhere on Planet Earth and you don't get a receipt you're a moron.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

TXPeaceOfficerDave wrote:You're right. You don't need a receipt. But if you transfer a firearm anywhere on Planet Earth and you don't get a receipt you're a moron.
:iagree: but the Army or any other government entity can darn well assume I'm a moron before I turn over any documents regarding firearms that I'm not legally required to have and they are not legally required to ask for. Not about to help anyone infringe upon my rights.

NRA Lifetime Member

TXPeaceOfficerDave
Banned

Tornado, me and you think alike. I would never give them anything. But trust me, this is the new mindset of our administration on what they want to do AND MORE to our
Military. Just crazy sh..

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

TxLobo wrote:
TXPeaceOfficerDave wrote:You're right. You don't need a receipt. But if you transfer a firearm anywhere on Planet Earth and you don't get a receipt you're a moron.
Reckon I'm a moron.. :biggrinjester:

Or careless,because mine would have been lost in a boating mishap. :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

TXPeaceOfficerDave wrote:Tornado, me and you think alike. I would never give them anything. But trust me, this is the new mindset of our administration on what they want to do AND MORE to our
Military. Just crazy sh..
The military in general needs 2 things if you ask me....

1. A whole lot less political involvement
2. A woman (not Hillary) in charge.

The job of the military is to fight and win.
The job of the politician is to deal with the hurt feelings of the loser.
A woman would be more likely be supportive, increase moral, and be a mama bear when it comes to keeping her troops safe.

Just my personal opinions

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Jusme wrote:
TxLobo wrote:

Or careless,because mine would have been lost in a boating mishap. :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
:lol:: I love it.

Adult versions of "my dog ate my homework"

NRA Lifetime Member

TXPeaceOfficerDave
Banned

The reason I am well-informed about all this ridiculous military crap that happens on base is because as a military retiree I am technically still fallen under Uniform code of military justice conceivably as a military retiree that goes on base I could technically be required to register my weapons however given the current political environment that we are not there yet but with Hillary is in charge it might just happen

Yeah after a member on federal property the military commanders given very very very wide latitude on things they can order even if you and I think it may be ridiculous

txglock21
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txglock21 »

Wow, the times have changed things. When I was stationed in Montana, I carried my deer rifle in a gun rack in the window of my truck all the time, on base and off. Of course this was 1986-1987ish. Also, being a SP and working in the armory sometimes, I would HATE to have to keep up with airmen's personal weapons, it was bad enough trying to inventory military weapons and ammo EVERY SINGLE DAY! :banghead:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

TXPeaceOfficerDave
Banned

TXGlock, Bill Clinton changed all that in 1996 when he issued Exective Order banning all unregistered weapons on military base. Look it up. Sad but true.

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TXBO »

TxLobo wrote:
Yep. Me too. I have no record of any purchases or sales.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”