Where is the plastic?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Kimchi
Posts in topic: 3

Where is the plastic?

Post by Kimchi »

Hey everyone. The whole process for me to get my CHL was rather drawn out due to some medication I take regularly and I was flagged by the Department of Health. I figured at this point I was going to get declined and have to have a hearing but I checked my status online and saw the step License to Carry: Mailed! Well where is it! I have been checking everyday for a week now and I not sure how long it had been since the status was actually updated itself so its been at least a week. Is there anyway for me to check when the plastic was actually mailed and if its lost where to get another copy?

Topic author
Kimchi

Re: Where is the plastic?

Post by Kimchi »

I just called and it was mailed to my old address I have no clue how I haven't lived there for over a year. I changed my address on the DPS website and paid the fee the one thing I wasn't told was if the license would be automatically sent to me. I am assuming since a change of address gives you a new CHL number that I would be receiving a new license in the mail. In the CHL portal there is no option now to report a lost or stolen card so I am hoping my assumption is correct and in a few days my plastic will be in my wallet and my sidearm by my side.

Topic author
Kimchi

Post by Kimchi »

Just an update I received my CHL last week!

:patriot:

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Post by allisji »

Kimchi wrote:Just an update I received my CHL last week!

:patriot:
congratulations. Keep visiting this forum and you will learn lots of valuable information regarding concealed/open carry and how to keep yourself safe and legal. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and try not to be offended by they answers. Some of the very knowledgeable members here don't remember what it's like to be a newby.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”