The Process, All Online?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
daygo140
Posts in topic: 2

The Process, All Online?

Post by daygo140 »

I applied fully online and paid. I have my LTC class Thursday and fingerprints scheduled Friday. In the process I was asked questions regarding my address and job history that I answered providing information of my past addresses in the last five years. I moved to Texas from Pennsylvania almost a year ago so I had to provide that information.

In reading through the forum posts I noticed that some of you had to upload supporting documents/forms. For instance for me, I believed I had to submit the LTC-78B form (work and address history). Is that true? Being that the online application includes questions for this information do I have to also upload that form?

Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Process, All Online?

Post by Mike S »

Welcome to the forum!

The 'supporting documents' are typically for those who are eligible for a reduced fee or waiver of the application fee, such as active duty military (or separated within the past 12 months). Or, if you had a previous arrest/conviction for something you'd need to upload the court disposition/etc.

If nothing out of the ordinary applies to you, then you won't need to print / mail anything to the DPS. The only thing you'll need to upload is your LTC-100 (which will be provided by your instructor after you pass the written & range proficiency exams). When you go to the Handgun Licensing page of the DPS' website you should see a link to "Submit LTC Supporting Documents". Click on that, & you can upload your LTC-100 (you'll need to sign it first, & scan it into PDF).

ETA: Here's the page where you can find the link to submit your supporting documents (ie, LTC-100).
http://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/LTC/faqs/index.htm

Topic author
daygo140
Posts in topic: 2

Post by daygo140 »

Thank you very much sir!!!!

Txmomof4
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Txmomof4 »

Hey. When I tried to submit my documents using the link on the application it gave me nothing but grief. After 6 attempts I called the help number. The lady was very nice and helpful. She said it was not unusual for it to not work properly and gave me a fax number. Faxed my paperwork one day and could see the status update the next day. Was much less nerve wracking. Took the class last April. Did the application online 1/19. Status changed 1/20. Did fingerprints 2/17 and today my status changed to mailed. I will be anxiously watching my mailbox!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”