Criminal background waiting time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
JMad
Posts in topic: 1

Criminal background waiting time

Post by JMad »

LTC class 3/17
Submitted application 3/18
Fingerprinted 3/19
Uploaded documents 3/19
Application received email 3/21

Status all green except fingerprints and background check “under review”

Waiting... :???:

4/11
I emailed RDS to confirm fingerprints received since no update on website for 23 days.

4/12
Received email from RDS confirming they had fingerprints and they were under review.
:headscratch

After browsing on forums and reading about uploading dispositions for criminal backgrounds AFTER receiving letter from state to upload. I decided NOT to wait for letter In mail and upload any criminal background dispositions I had.
1. DWI 2006
2. Driving while suspended 2006
(Young, dumb and not proud of it) :oops:

4/20 Uploaded dispositions. Printed and scanned from local county clerk website. This was free.

4/23
Email received confirmation of disposition documents.

4/27
All GREEN Print pending. 38 days after application received email. :txflag:

I believe uploading my dispositions without waiting for them to ask for it shortened my waiting time. :tiphat:
“For when a strong man is fully armed and guards his palace, his possessions are safe—”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭11:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Odinvalknir

Re: Criminal background waiting time

Post by Odinvalknir »

I submitted everything on the 13th of April. Including dispositions for a couple charges, it took 10 business days to show print pending. My background check turned green early Saturday morning, so I'm hoping my card will be here soon and not have to wait until next weekend.

Mrf1993
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Mrf1993 »

Where do you go to check the status? I submitted my application April 16th and fingerprints the 18th, then I sent the certificate yesterday. I tried a link i have seen on other pages but there is nothing there, it just gives me the option to apply for a trainer certificate.

Keith B

Re:

Post by Keith B »

Mrf1993 wrote:Where do you go to check the status? I submitted my application April 16th and fingerprints the 18th, then I sent the certificate yesterday. I tried a link i have seen on other pages but there is nothing there, it just gives me the option to apply for a trainer certificate.
This is the link https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Mrf1993

Re: Re:

Post by Mrf1993 »

Keith B wrote:
Mrf1993 wrote:Where do you go to check the status? I submitted my application April 16th and fingerprints the 18th, then I sent the certificate yesterday. I tried a link i have seen on other pages but there is nothing there, it just gives me the option to apply for a trainer certificate.
I tried that but it doesn't show anything. This is all I get
Attachments
Screenshot_20180509-131813.png

mreyna

Post by mreyna »

Mrf1993 wrote:
Keith B wrote:
The site didn't show anything for me until a few days after all of my paperwork was submitted

Mrf1993

Post by Mrf1993 »

Ok. It's been a few weeks on fingerprints and application but just yesterday on the certificate. I got an email saying they received it and the link to check. I'll keep checking though

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Mrf1993 wrote:
Keith B wrote:
That's what everyone sees in the beginning. It will probably be 2 or 3 weeks before you actually see "status".

I would say you're good to go. Now begins the hard part... waiting.

BTW, welcome!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Mrf1993

Post by Mrf1993 »

Pawpaw wrote:
Mrf1993 wrote:
Keith B wrote:
That's what everyone sees in the beginning. It will probably be 2 or 3 weeks before you actually see "status".

I would say you're good to go. Now begins the hard part... waiting.

BTW, welcome!
Yes it is the hard part, and thanks

Manuel80

Post by Manuel80 »

Were the copies you printed certified copies or just a basic pdf from the clerk's website? Asking because I believe I may be in the same boat.

Af5gv

Post by Af5gv »

Hello all. My timeline is as follows.
4/16 class
4/16 app submitted with fees
4/17 fingerprints
4/21 all green except Bg check and print pending.
5/18 BG check STILL under review.
I have a spotless record without even a speeding ticket. Why is my BG check taking so long? A friend of mine took the class with me and she got her plastic in 12 days. We've both lived in Texas our whole lives and have spotless records. We both have lived in the same county for 20+ years. I don't understand why she got hers in 12 days and im still under review. Has anyone else experienced this? Its starting to piss me off. The State sure is quick to take our money to sell us back our Constitutional rights yet they drag their damn feet trying to determine if I should be allowed to defend my family when it should already be guaranteed! It's frustrating. :mad5

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”