Long Wait Time? READ THIS

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dl2ew
Posts in topic: 1

Long Wait Time? READ THIS

Post by dl2ew »

I had been waiting 50 plus days on my background and fingerprints to clear and saw someone else on the forum mention calling their state rep to get the ball rolling. I did this yesterday and the Rep's director called me asking for my info (Social, Address, and Birthday) then proceeded to contact the LTC office. She called me back at the end of the day saying it's being taken care of. I received a call from the licensing office this morning informing that they spoke to the State Representative's director and apologized for the delayed wait time. She informed me that they mixed up my social, but fixed everything and cleared my background/fingerprints and said I'll receive the license in 7-10 business days.

If you've been waiting a crazy amount of time you should go this route to expedite the process or figure out what's causing the delay.

Deitz83

Re: Long Wait Time? READ THIS

Post by Deitz83 »

:thewave

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

:thewave
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

flechero

Post by flechero »

I always enjoy hearing about an elected official stepping in and helping.... when no cameras are rolling. :thumbs2:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Glad you were successful in getting your license processed and on the way. :thumbs2:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

My son in law was having problems scheduling his fingerprinting. He ended up going to DPS in Austin and talking to someone, they told him "lots of people have been having problems" and supposedly got him scheduled.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Mashirley35
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Mashirley35 »

dl2ew wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:05 pm I had been waiting 50 plus days on my background and fingerprints to clear and saw someone else on the forum mention calling their state rep to get the ball rolling. I did this yesterday and the Rep's director called me asking for my info (Social, Address, and Birthday) then proceeded to contact the LTC office. She called me back at the end of the day saying it's being taken care of. I received a call from the licensing office this morning informing that they spoke to the State Representative's director and apologized for the delayed wait time. She informed me that they mixed up my social, but fixed everything and cleared my background/fingerprints and said I'll receive the license in 7-10 business days.

If you've been waiting a crazy amount of time you should go this route to expedite the process or figure out what's causing the delay.
Who exactly am I contacting? How do I find my state representative? I am at day 56.

RDT806

Post by RDT806 »

Mashirley35 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:15 pm
dl2ew wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:05 pm I had been waiting 50 plus days on my background and fingerprints to clear and saw someone else on the forum mention calling their state rep to get the ball rolling. I did this yesterday and the Rep's director called me asking for my info (Social, Address, and Birthday) then proceeded to contact the LTC office. She called me back at the end of the day saying it's being taken care of. I received a call from the licensing office this morning informing that they spoke to the State Representative's director and apologized for the delayed wait time. She informed me that they mixed up my social, but fixed everything and cleared my background/fingerprints and said I'll receive the license in 7-10 business days.

Who exactly am I contacting? How do I find my state representative? I am at day 56.
You will have to search what district you're in and then search for the representative for that district.

Mashirley35

Post by Mashirley35 »

I think I found him. Guess I'll write him an email.

Mashirley35

Post by Mashirley35 »

It was actually the wrong one, but I did speak to a lovely lady who gave me my state representative name and number. I placed that call and she said she will call them first thing in the morning and see what the hold up is.

RDT806

Post by RDT806 »

Mashirley35 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:19 pm I think I found him. Guess I'll write him an email.
I just did that very thing

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Just a reminder and heads up. The law gives the TDPS 60 days to process the initial application submission or notify the applicant more info or corrections are needed.
By statute, DPS has up to 60 days to issue an original LTC, and 45 days to issue a renewal license. However, it is imperative that applicants understand that these time periods are calculated from the time a fully-completed application AND supporting documents are received by the department.

In order to be complete, an original LTC application must include: a completed application form, electronic fingerprints, the Certificate of Training and any required supporting documentation. Renewal applications must include a completed application form along with any necessary supporting documents.

In the event more information or documents are required to complete an application, DPS has an additional 180 days to complete the review process. To ensure the license is issued promptly, it is very important to provide the requested information for review. If the requested information is not received timely, the application will be terminated.
Glad you guys are getting good responses.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Mashirley35

Post by Mashirley35 »

Nice update here. I called my state representative and discussed the wait time. The lovely lady I spoke to said she would call the dps first thing in the morning. This morning, she called, and also the dps called. Dps said they took care of my application first thing this morning and should receive my license in 7-10 days. I was calling just to make sure there wasn't any error on my information, which there wasnt. But she did say, anyone with any kind of blemish on their record will tend to take a little bit longer.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”