Denial Question

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RDT806
Posts in topic: 4

Denial Question

Post by RDT806 »

There may be nobody here to answer this. But for those that have received a denial either on a new application or a renewal were you able to still login and see your status when you received your denial letter? Or did that option go away? If so was it before or after your received your letter?

I’m 52 days in on a renewal. And my status still shows fingerprints and background under review. I have received no requests for additional documents. And Austin told me they don’t need any. Not sure why I would get a denial but at this point I can’t help but wonder if there’s an issue. I emailed my State Rep and got no response. So I don’t know what else to do at this point.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Denial Question

Post by OneGun »

You might want clarify are you still in renewal? What did your denial letter say was the reason?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
RDT806

Post by RDT806 »

OneGun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:27 pm You might want clarify are you still in renewal? What did your denial letter say was the reason?

Well I have not received a denial at this time. I talked to Austin last week and they said it was still being processed. I'm probably just being paranoid because of the long wait. And can think of no reason for a denial. Our mail situation is a little iffy right now due to a move and I'm afraid I'll miss a letter if sent. I'm just curious if there would be a change on the website that would indicate a denial. Like an inability to login etc.

JgreenIAS

Post by JgreenIAS »

I've been waiting on an initial licensing and it's taken very long as well (52 days). I also have been worried about a mail issue. I called the number at the bottom of the website and after about 15 minutes on hold they confirmed that nothing has been sent in the mail to just wait longer. So my suggestion is get them on the phone they have a more updated system and can give you better info.

Topic author
RDT806

Post by RDT806 »

JgreenIAS wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:01 am I've been waiting on an initial licensing and it's taken very long as well (52 days). I also have been worried about a mail issue. I called the number at the bottom of the website and after about 15 minutes on hold they confirmed that nothing has been sent in the mail to just wait longer. So my suggestion is get them on the phone they have a more updated system and can give you better info.
Yeah I have called three times so far. A couple of weeks apart. I get the same answer. No mail sent. Just still processing. Its frustrating to get no real answers when you call. Especially when it's been an extended period of time.

Alf

Post by Alf »

Why do people call DPS or their state representative before the 60 day window is over? Is it a millennial thing?

Topic author
RDT806

Post by RDT806 »

Alf wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:52 pm Why do people call DPS or their state representative before the 60 day window is over? Is it a millennial thing?
Why would I wait 60 days for a renewal? The statute only gives 45 days.

Lisa517

Post by Lisa517 »

RDT806 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:19 pm
Alf wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:52 pm Why do people call DPS or their state representative before the 60 day window is over? Is it a millennial thing?
Why would I wait 60 days for a renewal? The statute only gives 45 days.
Editing because I just double-checked the email. Here's what it says:

"By statute, DPS has up to 60 days to issue an original LTC, and 45 days to issue a renewal license. However, it is imperative that applicants understand that these time periods are calculated from the time a *fully-completed application AND supporting documents are received by the department. In the event more information or documents are required to complete an application, DPS has an additional 180 days to complete the review process."

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

Some people have had to wait way to long and some get theirs amazingly fast. I got mine in 13 business days.

walksalone

Post by walksalone »

Did you wait too long? Has your license expired? I renewed as soon as possible. I believe 6 months out and didn’t get the new license until right before the other expired. What have you done to make you ineligible to keep your license. You mention change of address. There is a window of time to notify the change of address. Lack of planning doesn’t constitute an emergency for others.

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Still waiting for over* 6 months now and I have class 3 weapons go figure. I've called but all they do is take my name (ref. #) and my call back number but never call me back. Tryed by email and same situation, so if you think they only have a certain amount of time you are wrong.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

softice

Post by softice »

Keep in mind that 60 days is not 60 calendar days but in fact 60 business days. same goes for 45 days (it is business days not calendar days)

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

FYI, I did an address changed 3 weeks ago and my DL and LTC showed up in a week. did my wifes at the same time and they all showed up together.
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Gunner4640 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:11 am FYI, I did an address changed 3 weeks ago and my DL and LTC showed up in a week. did my wifes at the same time and they all showed up together.
Gunner, you replied to a thread from 2019. I sure hope these folks aren't still waiting! :lol:

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Yep, we definitely need an update now. :mrgreen:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”