Nothing has changed.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
romad10
Posts in topic: 1

Nothing has changed.

Post by romad10 »

My dad, brother and I applied for the license and me and my brother got it in this order.

April 3 sent: up to 60 days
April 26: Fingerprints
April 29: background check completed
April 30: print pending
May 4: mailed
May 6: received

My question is, how come my dads background and fingerprints are still under review? As of June 18, 2019? What is the maximum it can take before they send a denial letter? He has a clean record. He hasn’t received any emails or any mail that requires more paperwork. He has a clean record.

How long is the max it can take? Should I call them? Is it 60 business days? I’m lost.

Thanks in advance.

Jusme

Re: Nothing has changed.

Post by Jusme »

Yes I would have your dad call. If your dad has moved from out of state, there could be delays in getting background info from the other states. There could be an issue with the prints, maybe unreadable? If you don't get answers from DPS, have your day contact his State representatives. They have been instrumental in getting the process, moved along quickly.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

smitex

Re: Nothing has changed.

Post by smitex »

romad10 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:47 am My dad, brother and I applied for the license and me and my brother got it in this order.

April 3 sent: up to 60 days
April 26: Fingerprints
April 29: background check completed
April 30: print pending
May 4: mailed
May 6: received

My question is, how come my dads background and fingerprints are still under review? As of June 18, 2019? What is the maximum it can take before they send a denial letter? He has a clean record. He hasn’t received any emails or any mail that requires more paperwork. He has a clean record.

How long is the max it can take? Should I call them? Is it 60 business days? I’m lost.

Thanks in advance.
DPS TRIES to get them out within 60 business days (weekends and holidays do not count), so you should wait until the 60 days are up and then contact them or your state rep(if you call now they will probably just tell you that your 60 days isn’t up yet).

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”