USPS Lost my Replacement Card

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
On_Code
Posts in topic: 2

USPS Lost my Replacement Card

Post by On_Code »

Hello, I was waiting on my replacement LTC card have USPS Informed Delivery which is supposed to let me know what mail is being delivered and when. So I got an email showing a scan of my LTC. Well last Wednesday was supposed to be delivered and hasn’t been. And it’s been 7 days. This is the second time a piece of mail( last time my ID Card) Has been lost in 3 months. I hate this.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: USPS Lost my Replacement Card

Post by Grayling813 »

I have USPS Informed Delivery. Not once has the postal service ever done anything about missing mail I've reported, even mail with a tracking number. If you believe that USPS doesn't care about quality, reliable service, you're probably right.

I don't know if there's any way to get DPS to ship the card other than USPS.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I feel your pain. :mad5

It is not uncommon to find other peoples mail in our mailbox, or to never get mail that was supposed to arrive. I have even complained to the regional head of USPS for our area, but nothing improved. Last month an obvious check meant for an elderly couple down the road showed up in our mailbox. I took it to them and reported that to our local postmaster. He did not seem to care and seemed to imply that I was making trouble for the mail carrier lady.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Lynyrd wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:53 am I feel your pain. :mad5

It is not uncommon to find other peoples mail in our mailbox, or to never get mail that was supposed to arrive. I have even complained to the regional head of USPS for our area, but nothing improved. Last month an obvious check meant for an elderly couple down the road showed up in our mailbox. I took it to them and reported that to our local postmaster. He did not seem to care and seemed to imply that I was making trouble for the mail carrier lady.
Same type of situations have happened to me over and over, whats bad is if it's Documents sent from the Government they think you're lying in some way. Like the USPS can't make a mistake??
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This happens to me all the time. I have all bills delivered online, and most set-up for auto-pay, so I only check our mailbox about once a week, but over half the time, there is something in there for a different address. Usually I am checking because I am expecting something specific, and it is frequently MIA.

Hasn't happened with a LTC, but they did lose my wife's drivers license. Surely this must be a great benefit for identity thieves.

flechero

Post by flechero »

On_Code wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:32 am Hello, I was waiting on my replacement LTC card have USPS Informed Delivery which is supposed to let me know what mail is being delivered and when. So I got an email showing a scan of my LTC. Well last Wednesday was supposed to be delivered and hasn’t been. And it’s been 7 days. This is the second time a piece of mail( last time my ID Card) Has been lost in 3 months. I hate this.
2 ID's in 3 months... I'd be suspicious that someone is trying to steal your identity. You might benefit from a PO Box.

Topic author
On_Code
Posts in topic: 2

Post by On_Code »

flechero wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:11 pm
On_Code wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:32 am Hello, I was waiting on my replacement LTC card have USPS Informed Delivery which is supposed to let me know what mail is being delivered and when. So I got an email showing a scan of my LTC. Well last Wednesday was supposed to be delivered and hasn’t been. And it’s been 7 days. This is the second time a piece of mail( last time my ID Card) Has been lost in 3 months. I hate this.
2 ID's in 3 months... I'd be suspicious that someone is trying to steal your identity. You might benefit from a PO Box.
When I was still living in California my girlfriend sent my Texas ID via USPS from Texas to my UPS mailbox & it never came. Then the replacement to our Texas address never came. Finally the next one did & my current Texas LTC(that has CA ID #). Even my replacement Utah permit came to my current Texas address. It’s like hit or miss. Well I just sent for my replacement card yesterday. Got my fingers crossed 🤞🏾

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Back in the 1970's I went to the local DPS office to renew my DL, got my paper temp. card and started checking my rural route box. After 6 weeks or whatever the DPS specified as the max, still no license. Went back to the local office, declared it lost, paid the fee, got another temp. card. That renewal turns up in my mailbox in 3 weeks. About 6 months later, I'm checking my mailbox and find the FIRST renewal. So they might not have lost yours, they just might be real deliberate about getting it to you...... :shock:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

My Texas registration sticker for my car got lost in the mail after I renewed online. I had to pay 6.50 to get a replacement sticker from the county. Luckily, that one came. Relatively quickly as a matter of fact. :???:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”