Change of Address Wait time.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
loscar141
Posts in topic: 3

Change of Address Wait time.

Post by loscar141 »

HELLO,

So I put in for a change of address on 8/01/19, its now 11/14/19.... is that normal? When i go to the LTC website, IT only gives the option to Apply for Instructor Certification.

In the meantime(I think I know the answer but I will ask anyway)is it okay to carry with my license with my old address?

Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Change of Address Wait time.

Post by Texas_Blaze »

loscar141 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:50 pm HELLO,

So I put in for a change of address on 8/01/19, its now 11/14/19.... is that normal? When i go to the LTC website, IT only gives the option to Apply for Instructor Certification.

In the meantime(I think I know the answer but I will ask anyway)is it okay to carry with my license with my old address?
No way is that normal. The problem may not be with DPS tho. Could be the USPS. I had a situation where my mail was being forwarded to the prior owner. His last name is my first name. I never got vehicle titles, DL, etc. Found out after 1yr why some mail was disappearing...

Give DPS a call.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Topic author
loscar141

Post by loscar141 »

Ok I just gave DPS a call.I was surprised at how fast I was able to speak to someone. they told me the L.T.C. was mailed back in august, but was for some reason returned to them, which is weird because i got my D.L. No Problem. Any way they said they would mail it again, so i should have it soon.

Its funny when I first applied for my C.H.L. I could not wait to get my card in hand, and do the "Walmart walk". This time i forgot I was even waiting for the card to come until the old one fell out of my wallet.

Steamboat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Steamboat »

I just went through the change of address procedure online. I received the DL and LTC in about one week.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Topic author
loscar141

Post by loscar141 »

LDP wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:06 pm
loscar141 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:04 am they told me the L.T.C. was mailed back in august, but was for some reason returned to them
Did they, perchance, send it to the OLD address? :mrgreen: :smilelol5: :biggrinjester:
Do not under-estimate the government. ;)

No they said for some reason it was considered UN-deliverable. and they don't even tell me. :banghead:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”