Huge Prayer Request Please

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Huge Prayer Request Please

Post by carlson1 »

My piano player is in ICU. He doesn’t have any family here and doesn’t get along with his family very well. We had set down sometime ago to discuss what his wishes were. I was to take care of his belongings and pets if something were to happen to him. I hold the dual power of attorneys also. All of that is legal garbage.

He went by ambulance to the ER last week. He has the flu and COPD. I have talked to him several times and have been to see him. They put him in ICU because at the time they didn’t have another bed available. Well last night/this morning at 12:30 they called me from the hospital and they have put him on the ventilator and then discovered his DNR. They called me and asked me what I wanted them to do. I counsel people what to do I don’t make those decisions, but now it appears to be me. I went to his house (thank God for LE education) and after some digging I found a brother and sister in South Carolina.

Please pray God will heal Glenn Koch and that his family will come take over the decision on what to do with the ventilator. They tried taking off this morning and he begin to go into cardiac arrest. They have revived him, sedated him, and put him back on the ventilator even after knowing he has a DNR. They said because they spoke to me and I said I wasn’t for sure. This is such a mess.

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Huge Prayer Request Please

Post by philip964 »

So very sorry. Prayers sent in his name.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

For him and for you.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Hopefully he discussed the context of his DNR decision with you before naming you as his healthcare PoA?
I would encourage you to take action consistent with his wishes, should you feel you know them.
As difficult as this certainly is, he has, it seems, made his decisions known and only asked you to see they are carried out.

Having been through something similar with my Father, I know this is extremely difficult, but, would encourage you to act as the executor of your friends wishes, without taking on the responsibility for these difficult decisions. This is certainly not easy, I know.

I'm not a very prayerful person, but, I've said a prayer for strength and guidance for you and for the health of your friend.

Sincerest Regards.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Prayers sent
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Prayer sent Carl. That's a tough position to be in.

Chas.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:38 pm I would encourage you to take action consistent with his wishes, should you feel you know them.
As difficult as this certainly is, he has, it seems, made his decisions known and only asked you to see they are carried out.
This is the answer. “He has already made this decision.” That is what the DNR is. I don’t have to. Thank you.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Praying for healing within their family, and peace for you sir as you carry out the decision he's already made.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

carlson1 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:07 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:38 pm I would encourage you to take action consistent with his wishes, should you feel you know them.
This is the answer. “He has already made this decision.” That is what the DNR is. I don’t have to. Thank you.
Prayers, Sir. :tiphat:

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Prayers sent My Friend.

mbschne

Post by mbschne »

Prayers sent for both of you.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:38 pm Hopefully he discussed the context of his DNR decision with you before naming you as his healthcare PoA?
I would encourage you to take action consistent with his wishes, should you feel you know them.

Having been through something similar with my Father, I know this is extremely difficult, but, would encourage you to act as the executor of your friends wishes, without taking on the responsibility for these difficult decisions. This is certainly not easy, I know.

Sincerest Regards.
:iagree: Roy has stated it best. It is not an easy choice to not help someone but their wishes are known. My prayers for his family, blood and Christian, and for you too my friend for strength to make the decision.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I agree with those who counsel to carry out your friend's explicitly stated wishes. He gave you that responsibility because he trusted you to faithfully carry it out. It is a hard thing to do, but it's not your choice to make - it was his and he made it.

Prayers sent for courage and the knowledge that you are doing what is right for your friend.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Oh my! What a tough spot to be in Carl. I am sending up prayers.

Joe

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Praying and agreeing.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”