Knee Procedure Tomorrow

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Knee Procedure Tomorrow

Post by carlson1 »

I am checking into Presbyterian tomorrow at 6:00AM for a knee procedure and could sure use your prayers.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Knee Procedure Tomorrow

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Sending prayers for a successful surgery and recovery!

mbschne

Post by mbschne »

Prayers sent.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

In his name. Amen.

Prayers for your recovery and PT to come.

Amen.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Prayers my friend!!

Joe

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers sent for you my friend. During recovery, do what the docs and physical terrorists :lol: say and your rehab will be much better.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Prayers for your successful procedure!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

Hopefully there are no complications, and you are back on your feet soon.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Prayers Sir!

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Praying
Ron
NRA Member

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Thank you for the prayers. The procedure went well. I am in pain more than I was before they so called “fixed” it. I have a follow up tomorrow with the doctor. Your prayers are coveted.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:34 pm Thank you for the prayers. The procedure went well. I am in pain more than I was before they so called “fixed” it. I have a follow up tomorrow with the doctor. Your prayers are coveted.
I would bet it is extra pain due to the surgery. Hopefully it improves in a few days to a week. At 62 I have problems on occasion with my right knee. I have had days I could hardly walk on it but I am real hesitant to do surgery just yet. I have lost about 45 pounds since January and the weight loss seems to have helped a lot. I am still a good 50 pounds overweight but my weight loss has slowed down. More walking and less eating should help.

Wishing you the best for your recovery. :thumbsup:

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:13 pm
carlson1 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:34 pm Thank you for the prayers. The procedure went well. I am in pain more than I was before they so called “fixed” it. I have a follow up tomorrow with the doctor. Your prayers are coveted.
I would bet it is extra pain due to the surgery. Hopefully it improves in a few days to a week. At 62 I have problems on occasion with my right knee. I have had days I could hardly walk on it but I am real hesitant to do surgery just yet. I have lost about 45 pounds since January and the weight loss seems to have helped a lot. I am still a good 50 pounds overweight but my weight loss has slowed down. More walking and less eating should help.

Your right. My health began to fail when I was hurt as LEO. Long story short ended up in a wheelchair for six years and gained up to 503lbs. I am down to 406lbs and have a long way to go. Heart, diabetes, DISH disease in the back has taken a toll. The good news I am still working on it.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:32 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:13 pm

Your right. My health began to fail when I was hurt as LEO. Long story short ended up in a wheelchair for six years and gained up to 503lbs. I am down to 406lbs and have a long way to go. Heart, diabetes, DISH disease in the back has taken a toll. The good news I am still working on it.
Losing 100 pounds is no easy task. Sounds like you are on the right track. One thing I have noticed is that the older I get, the harder it is to lose weight. All we can do is to keep working at it. If memory serves, I believe you are taller than me. I am 5'10" so being 100 pounds overweight is more of an issue for me than someone several inches taller than me. I peaked at 316 and am now down to 266 so I still have a ways to go. Every issue you listed is on my doctors list as well only all of mine begin with "pre-".

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

You are correct. I am 6’4” and it is funny I used to be 6’5” until back surgery. I just tell everyone my birth weight was 225lbs. My dear wife has literally saved my life by making me get into a swimming pool about four years ago and start walking. Easy on back and knees. With open heart plus ten stents it is hard to get doctors to put you to sleep to do anything. I never voted for getting old. Praying for you and hope your health will get better.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”