Prayer Request

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
G-Ma
Posts in topic: 6

Prayer Request

Post by G-Ma »

Hi, all. I'm pretty new to this forum, but I am so glad that I have fellow believers, here.

I go to the hand surgeon, tomorrow, at 0745 ... can you imagine a worse time? I had the EMG last Tuesday, and it showed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I have other names for that horribly painful test, but won't use them ... just think them!

I'm hoping to have the surgery in both hands by the end of the year, so I don't have to pay out for new deductibles.

Here's the story ... As I have written in another post, I was accosted in the Ladies' Room of the Dollar Cinema by an illegal. That led my husband to buy me a gun for protection, as this was the second attempt. The first was buy my lawn man ... in my own back yard!

Well, I bought a Keltek P3AT and it hurt my hand so much to shoot it and scared the jeebers out of me when I fired it for my CHL class for the first time. Larry, being the great husband that he is, told me that, if I passed my CHL quals, he'd buy me a target gun. So, determination and great help from Bill James got me through. Larry spent $700 on a GPS for the airplane, so he said I could have the same for a gun. Being a shopper, I parlayed that into a .380 Beretta and a .22 Browning Buckmark.

I love my guns! Shooting at targets is sooooo much fun! In fact, I'm now up to the final level of the NRA course.

The downside is that it has caused the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome to flare up big time, and I can't complete the course until I get surgery for my hands. Now, I'm hoping that the Dr. will recommend the surgery in both hands, so that I can keep shooting!

So, my prayer request is that the Dr. will recommend endoscopic surgery and that I will heal well and quickly, so that I can get back to shooting at targets with my husband. Who knew that shooting guns together would be so good for a marriage?!!!! Gotta be a God thang!

Thanks for your prayers.

Blessings!!

sh
"Of all our natural resources, the first one to be exhausted may be the taxpayer."
-- unknown

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

Will be praying for you. I know that is very painful as well.

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Venus Pax »

Prayer sent.
It sounds like you've been through a lot to get you here; it's a shame this carpal tunnel is kicking up.
I'll continue to pray. Please keep us posted.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

LarryH
Posts in topic: 5

Post by LarryH »

By the way, G-Ma is my better half.

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

You are in our prayers also.

chewy555

Post by chewy555 »

Prayers sent for you both.
H&K USP 45
Taurus Tracker .357
Taurus 1911

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

Thanks. We appreciate it. I'm stuck at work, but we will update the thread soonest.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Prayers sent as well. My husband, SRVA and I shoot together too. It is so much fun to have your partner in life your shooting partner too.

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

Shirley left a message on my cell after her appointment. She will see our family doctor this afternoon for pre-op blood tests and EKG. The surgeon's office will check insurance benefits tomorrow; the earliest she can expect the first surgery (left hand) is Friday of next week, so the second surgery may happen in January (after the deductible clock is reset).

We do enjoy going to the range together -- Shirley commented a couple of weeks ago that it's cheaper than going to the movies. She has completed the "Expert" level of the NRA handgun program (I finished "Sharpshooter" before we ran out of targets -- we have another box now). When going for her "Distinguished Expert" she had a rash of feed failures, apparently due to limp-wristing -- that's what motivated her to finally get her carpal tunnel checked out.

Again, thanks for the prayers.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Thanks for the update.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

Both of you will be in my nightly prayers. It's only when we don't full use of our hands that we realize how important--and at the same time fragile--that they really are. Please keep us updated.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
G-Ma

Post by G-Ma »

Thank you all for your concern and prayers. I should find out this week about when I can get the surgery scheduled.

No matter how it turns out, I am the most blessed woman in the world. We went to the Pasadena Gun Show on Sunday. (We have church Saturday night, now, since Larry started playing his guitar in what he calls the "Rock n Roll" service.) I found a Browning BDA there and bought it. It's a little worse for wear on the outside, but nice on the inside.

So, Larry took me ... in the pouring rain ... to the PSC shooting range to try out my new gun, proving that he truly is the better half. Dedication to shooting is going shooting with you wife in the rain. True love is standing out in the rain with her and timing her as she goes through 3 sets on the Distinguished Expert level with her new gun!

I am soooooo blessed!!!

I have my first rehab session for the tennis elbow, also caused by the P3AT, in the morning. I'll call the Dr.'s office when I get home to find out when the surgery will be.
"Of all our natural resources, the first one to be exhausted may be the taxpayer."
-- unknown

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

My wife has carpal tunnel; she used to have a keyboard-intensive job.
She's lucky enough to have a much easier job on her hands now.

Keep us updated on how things go.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Topic author
G-Ma

Post by G-Ma »

I am soooo touched by your concern. This is wonderful and so humbling. I found out, today, that the surgery on my left hand will be 12/19 at 12:30. We go in at 10:30 am. Hopefully, Larry will be able to be off. It all depends upon NASA's launch and landing schedule. If he can't be there, I'll have to find someone to take me home. I'll ask our Sunday School Class. They are so good. So, there's still an element of "up in the air," but at least we have a time for the surgery. Thanks for your prayers. I know that He hears. Blessings!! sh
-- unknown

LarryH

Re: Prayer Request

Post by LarryH »

G-Ma's (Shirley) hand surgery was yesterday. The doctor said all went well and see him in two weeks.

She had a slight allergic reaction (itching) to the morphine, so is taking Benadryl along with the the Vicodin for that.

I'm stuck on a sim all day, but will head home as soon as the sim is over.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”