Prayer request for me

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Songbird
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayer request for me

Post by Songbird »

You have my prayers, Bill!
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

varko

Post by varko »

Prayers sent.
And if I were called upon to identify briefly the principal trait of the entire twentieth century, here too, I would be unable to find anything more precise and pithy than to repeat once again: Men have forgotten God. - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

stevegriz

Post by stevegriz »

Hey Bill,

In 2006 on May 5, I found out I had cancer of the tonsil. I went through 7 weeks of radiation and Chemo. Wort time of my life, but I am completely clear of it now and living well. I tried to stop in the middle but my friends and relatives would not let me. Hang in there. It does get better.......

Steve in Round Rock, TX
FNP-9

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Hi Bill,

Just saw this. We will be praying for you as well. I know the "C" word invokes the worst thoughts in people...but many Cancers are quite treatable these days, (not fun..but treatable).

Please keep us updated on your progress and try very hard to stay encouraged, it does make a difference.

Flint
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

pinkpistol

Post by pinkpistol »

Godspeed! Hopes are high for a full recovery!
Glock 19, Taurus 738.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers sent for your recovery and your family for what they will endure as well.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Bill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bill »

I feel bad for not replying and to say thanks to all. two years out and cancer free so life is good. Friends like you give hope when hope is lost, so again thanks

I am feeling pretty good overall with some side effects like loss of taste and smell. The upside I can not smell my wifes farts, downside I cant smell my own. "rlol"

My wife is not much of a cook so its a plus, I am a good cook so its a negative. It does make me eat more fatty, spicy, greasy, salty foods, not so good. I lost 65 lbs. 260-195 and back at 215 and have been there for a year now

I can live with these, however the radiation damaged my neck muscles and caused some pain in my neck through my back, as these muscles are connected and stay tight and knotted up. Bought a massage chair , hot tub, and get massages regularly, so I just deal with it.

I am thankful for my strong family, church, friend support especially about 3-4 weeks into treatment as this was worst of worst times. I had super high levels of pain meds so most of that time is just a blur.

I am planning on getting back out to the Impact zone to continue my weapon skills as soon as it cools down a bit, I have been back on the bike with some 20 mile rides but no racing so fitness level improving.

If you know of anyone that has this cancer and they need someone to talk too, seven-one-three 447-9964

Bill
retired CHL Instructor

ELB

Post by ELB »

That sounds like good news, with a few lumps in it. Very pleased for you. :tiphat:
USAF 1982-2005

airborned

Post by airborned »

Just sent one your way. Good luck.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

Bill -
Thanks for the update. It is great news. I hope you continue to recover your health.
NRA Endowment Member

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis »

Clearly you have many friends and prayers--mine too. You are in the best hospital and have a wife that knows the inside process. You could not be in a better position. Never forget that attitude and optimism are a major part of the cure. My money is on a full remission. Stay strong and God speed.
...for as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. Arbroath, 4/6/1320.

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

Bill, praying for you.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Prayers sent and added to prayer list. Keep the good will, it goes far in healing.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”