Prayers for my niece

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
DocV
Posts in topic: 16

Re: Prayers for my niece

Post by DocV »

This afternoon the hospital moved Melissa out of intensive care! My understanding is she still is being treated for at-least one potentially dangerous clot. Her move increases my hope that the prognosis for her recovery is optimistic.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 8

Post by carlson1 »

Praise the Lord for what He has done. We will continue making intercessory prayers for Melissa.

Topic author
DocV

Post by DocV »

I forgot to mention that Melissa was released from the hospital into a rehab center on Christmas eve. She still is under treatment for clots but her progress has been absolutely amazing. Thanks to everyone for all of their prayers! They have truly made a difference.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

wow that is awful. I will say a prayer for her.

urnoodle
Posts in topic: 3

Post by urnoodle »

I'm happy that she is doing much better! I'll continue to pray for you all.
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

wow! she's come a long way!!!!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

DLBConductor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DLBConductor »

Thank you for the update. We will keep her on our prayer list.
[12/10/2011: CHL Class - 100 Written and 240 Range][01/14/2012: Plastic - 31 Days!]
[NRA Life Member][TSRA Life Member][CHL]

Topic author
DocV

Post by DocV »

Melissa will come home from the hospital next week. Actually, Tricare got in touch with Rob this past Monday and gave him a day to get Melissa out of the hospital. Melissa's doctors and the hospital managed to talk Tricare into a one week extension. At least that gives Rob some time to make arrangements for Melissa's care at home including handicap remodels for their bathroom and nursing staff.

Melissa called Mrs. Doc V last week. It was wonderful to hear from our Miracle Niece! She has a great attitude. The infections on her legs are cleared up. She still has an ostomy bag and is under treatment for clots. We have so much to be thankful for.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 8

Post by carlson1 »

Praise The Lord another answered prayer. We will continue to pray for her and the family as they make the adjustments needed.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

wonderful news!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
DocV

Post by DocV »

Melissa walked today. Of course, she used her protheses and a walker but she managed to get herself off her wheelchair and up. She went around the room all on her own. What a determined lady!

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chuck j »

May God help continue help , prayers are offered .

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

Wow! Don't know how I missed the OP but prayers sent as well as praise.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
DocV

Post by DocV »

It has been many years since my last update regarding our niece, Melissa. She did manage to learn to walk and even was able to drive. However, her misadventures continued following her double amputation. Melissa was recently diagnosed with myeloblastoma that could lead to leukemia within the next ten years. Her medical team was hopeful that a relative could donate bone marrow for her treatment. However, none of her relative's DNA was a match.
Her treatments were beginning to help her show improvement but another incident worsened things once again. Melissa's car was t-boned on her door by another vehicle and the emergency responders had to use the Jaws of Life to free her from her car. Melissa struck her head in the accident and is now in the hospital suffering from an induced brain bleed stroke. Melissa is in ICU. She is barely able to speak and her medical team is in conflict about her treatment options. Melissa's faith has never been strong. Given her circumstances, I can only imagine that her faith is at an all time low. Please pray for Melissa's spiritual strengthening and that of her immediate family: Husband: Rob, son Monty, and, daughter Brittany.

FCH
Posts in topic: 1

Post by FCH »

Praying for Melissa and her family
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”