Prayers for my baby boy

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
knotquiteawake
Posts in topic: 7

Prayers for my baby boy

Post by knotquiteawake »

I guess the vomit we had to clean up lastnight around 0200 wasn't just some bad formula like I thought (we used a new brand that day), looks like he's got the flu. He's been throwing up all day at Grandma's now so my wife came home from work and picked him up. He's only 10 months old, its the first time he's been "throwup" sick so its all very distressing to us as new parents.
The poor little critter looks completely and totally miserable. He has not kept any liquids down all day so we are praying he will start to drink a little more before he gets too dehydrated.
Its silly I know, but for us as new parents its falls into the "minor crises" category. I'm sure by our 3rd child it will only be a category 2 "inconvenience" or something.

Songbird
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayers for my baby boy

Post by Songbird »

That's definitely something to worry about. Dehydration, especially for the little guys, is a very real danger. Pedialyte and Popsicles! Praying he recovers quickly!
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Topic author
knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

Songbird wrote:That's definitely something to worry about. Dehydration, especially for the little guys, is a very real danger. Pedialyte and Popsicles! Praying he recovers quickly!
Popsicles! That is a great idea. On top of the flu/fever he is teething hardcore too... He would like to suck on something cold for his teeth and as a bonus would be getting fluids in him.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Garorade is another good one. It will replace the salt & electrolytes he's losing.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

DocV

Post by DocV »

Oh my! Prayers on the way. I remember frantic calls to ChildV's pediatricians. Keep the little feller hydrated.

Topic author
knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

Now apparently Brother in Law (my wife's Older Sister's Hubby) is in the emergency room. So I'm taking over sick baby duty so my wife can go watch her sisters 4 kids.
NOt sure what his issue is, something about flu and also high heart rate.

All this on top of my Father in Law was in a bad Motorcross accident two weeks ago, broke his collar bone, perforated a lung, and cracked ribs. He too has been in and out of the Hospital (they completely missed the fact that he had a perforated lung and cracked ribs for a whole week, saying he only broke the collarbone).

If we're not careful the whole family is going to be spending Christmas together in the ER.

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

Songbird wrote:Dehydration, especially for the little guys, is a very real danger. Pedialyte and Popsicles!
Pedialyte is what our doctor just recommended for our infant. It's got more sugar than I'd like to give him, but kids so small can quickly dehydrate as Songbird mentioned.

Your son and the rest of the family will be in our prayers.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

Gameover

Post by Gameover »

Had this happen with my oldest daughter at about the same age. Garorade(the blue one) was the only thing she would drink for about 4 days so I would highly advise that. I hope she gets well very soon!
Question everything

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

Get Pedialyte Infant and make sure the baby is replacing electrolytes. If not drinking and throwing up it can be really hard on their little systems. Watch for over 102 fever as well. They are pretty tough at that age, but Ty can't tell you what's wrong so you just have to make sure it doesn't get too bad and starts improving instead of getting worse.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

Praying for the little man to turn the corner soon and back to himself again. Prayers going out to your family as well. Hang in there.
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

keep an eye out for dehydration! if you don't get a wet diaper every few hours call the doc or the the ER. That's actually how my then 2 yr old was found to have pneumonia, no coughing no nothing, just tired and no diaper...

meanwhile, I'll be praying for the whole family!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

knotquiteawake wrote:I guess the vomit we had to clean up lastnight around 0200 wasn't just some bad formula like I thought (we used a new brand that day), looks like he's got the flu. He's been throwing up all day at Grandma's now so my wife came home from work and picked him up. He's only 10 months old, its the first time he's been "throwup" sick so its all very distressing to us as new parents.
The poor little critter looks completely and totally miserable. He has not kept any liquids down all day so we are praying he will start to drink a little more before he gets too dehydrated.
Its silly I know, but for us as new parents its falls into the "minor crises" category. I'm sure by our 3rd child it will only be a category 2 "inconvenience" or something.
Nothing silly about worry as new parents. My children are grown and my wife and I still worry about them. I agree with Keith about the Pedialyte. We are praying for all of you. For your baby to get well plus for you and your wife to have the wisdom and strength to continue to take care of him.

Topic author
knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

Thanks for the prayers guys. They were much appreciated. Little knot was getting pretty bad, really limp and no energy and not keeping anything down, I though we were gong to be headed to the ER. I just kept giving him tiny sips of the pedialite by using a straw (finger over the top to hold a tiny sip inside the bottom of the straw and then letting him suck that tiny bit out). He finally had a wet diaper around midnight and started to keep stuff down around 4am. He's had a couple bottles now and is keeping it down, just really cranky.
Brother in law apparently had pneumonia and strep and a very high heart rate so he's in the hospital for a day I guess.

I think my grandparents are going to be in better health than the rest of the family this year!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

Glad to hear he is doing better. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I just saw this post and I'm so sorry your little one is ill. I too have prayed for the little guy.

Chas.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”