Prayers for my husband, again

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
SewTexas
Posts in topic: 6

Prayers for my husband, again

Post by SewTexas »

Robert is having surgery on Friday. He has a pituitary tumor, a macro-adinoma, (I'm probably miss-spelling that). Several years ago he had a weird thing happen with he retina and as a result of that his eye Dr has been check his peripheral vision, about 6-months to a year ago the Dr noticed a bit of deterioration and had him come in sooner, then again for a recheck sooner, then a few weeks ago they did a CT scan not expecting anything, the Dr really thought he was at the very early stages of early onset glaucoma. The CT showed this tumor! So now surgery.

As my sister says..."thank God for weird occurrences!"
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Prayers for my husband, again

Post by carlson1 »

We will be praying for your husbands surgery as well as God's grace for you.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers for you both
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Wow! I actually call that a God thing. Imagine if he had not found out this way. I will be praying for him, and for you too.....for the hands of the Great Healer to guide your husband's surgeon's hands, and for your husband and you to have peace about this.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Wow! I actually call that a God thing. Imagine if he had not found out this way. I will be praying for him, and for you too.....for the hands of the Great Healer to guide your husband's surgeon's hands, and for your husband and you to have peace about this.
it's true, we found out last night that one of Robert's highschool friends has had this done and the tumor was the size of a golf-ball! huge! and causing incredible headaches, that's actually how they found it, he wen't to the ER....the surgery was much more invasive and the recovery was much longer.

This will be an "easy" surgery. a 4 week recovery. We found a wonderful surgeon. I'm just nervous. It's been a long 6 months. I'm tired. I'm ready for a break. Our daughter is not taking it well.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

OldGrumpy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldGrumpy »

carlson1 wrote:We will be praying for your husbands surgery as well as God's grace for you.
:iagree:
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Sending prayers for all your family.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Prayers sent for your husband and all of your family.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Prayers for you and your husband. And yes, it is a God thing. When I was young and foolish, I used to believe in coincidences and luck -- not for believers.

Chas.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Prayers sent - the Lord works in mysterious ways.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

Thank G-d it was found this way, as it sounds like it might still be early. To reiterate what Charles and TAM have expressed, there is no such thing as chance. May he recover quickly and fully!
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

Wife & I will make him a part of pray time in our morning prayers.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

thank you for your prayers. Surgery is tomorrow, I will check in when I get a chance
~Tracy

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Charles is right. My wife was diagnosed with uterine cancer and surgery was scheduled. Then she slipped and fell and broke three toes. The surgery had to be postponed. So, she thought, why not get my mammogram out of the way while I'm waiting for surgery. They discovered a breast tumor. She is now cancer free thanks to surgery and radiation. But what if she hadn't gotten that thought to do the mammogram and had the time to do it because her surgery was postponed?

Every day we thank God for his blessings and for how he watches over us. I will pray for both of you that the surgery goes well and is very successful and that you both can celebrate God's grace.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

You & your Husband have been the focus of morning prayer time & I will wait the report.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”