Prayers for Oklahoma

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
hammer58
Posts in topic: 1

Prayers for Oklahoma

Post by hammer58 »

Just wanted to say a prayer for the families and loved ones in Oklahoma who have suffered from the tornados the last few days. Lets hope they find some of those children alive and safe. I just can't imagine what the families feel today.
Member - NRA, TSRA, TFC

jmra

Re: Prayers for Oklahoma

Post by jmra »

Looks like 20 children among the dead. My heart goes out to the families.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Heartfelt prayers to those affected by this storm and to those with loved ones that have perished, our sympathies to you all. May the Lords healing be quick and merciful.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Absolutely. This is a horrible story. Total confirmed dead in Moore stands at 91 right now. 7 of the known dead children drowned in a basement of their elementary school. My wife and I were looking at the pictures last night and Moore has been devastated. God help those people.

UPDATE: On the positive side, rescuers have found 101 people alive so far who were buried in the rubble of their homes. Praise God for their rescue.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The medical examiner just revised the death toll. There are 24 dead, including 7 children.

Still absolutely tragic, but not quite as bad as believed. They do expect to find more bodies and more survivors who are still trapped in their shelters.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

Prayers up for those affected by the storms. My heart goes out to them.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Glad to hear the good news of the lower death toll. Still sad. However, found this story and video that is heartbreaking, but awesome as well!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1093711/torna ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

The loss of the children are very troubling , I am glad the loss of life was not greater , please pray for the living also they have lost everything , it will be a long road for them .

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”