Praise, but prayers still needed

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Beckster
Posts in topic: 2

Praise, but prayers still needed

Post by Beckster »

One year ago today, my cousin's little (then) 4 year old, Charlie, was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a pediatric cancer. Since that time, he has been through 2 surgeries (the first was 19 hours and involved the removal of a kidney) 5 rounds of chemo, 12 sessions of radiation and a stem cell transplant which nearly took his life as he suffered heart failure in the process. On May 16, reports came in that the scans were clear and Charlie is cancer free! Praise God! However, he still has some maintenance to do and then regular scans to make sure it stays clear. The prayer would be that there is no recurrence, as neuroblastoma has a fairly high recurrence rate.

If you want to read something which will encourage and inspire you, you can check out their Caring Bridge at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/charliedina" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or on facebook at Charlie's Angels 413 (for Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.") They appreciate prayers and words of encouragement posted in either place!

Through all of this, my cousin and her husband have formed the Charles M Dina Foundation, a non profit to help raise funds for research on pediatric cancer. Our family has a lot to be grateful for this past year.
Attachments
Charlie and his hero, Johnny Manziel
Charlie and his hero, Johnny Manziel

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Praise, but prayers still needed

Post by chuck j »

We believe in a mercyful God , prayers are sent , I hope the most for Charlie . Also for his family .

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

We will be praying for Charlie and the family.

Zencyl

Post by Zencyl »

That is great news! :hurry: I will be keeping y'all in my prayers

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is great news and we'll be praying for little Charlie and his family. We had friends who lost a 6 year old daughter to neuroblastoma after a 22 month battle. She was like a granddaughter to Martha and I. I can only imagine how your family feels getting this excellent news.

Folks, we do need to pray for this little guy. Neuroblastoma has a very high recurrence rate and fighting it a second time is difficult. Father, we pray that you heal Charlie and use this to Your glory and to bring others to You. Many know how devastating this disease is and how few survive, and Your healing of him will open the eyes of many. Amen.

Chas.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I have sent my prayers up and will put him on our prayer list at all 3 services at church this weekend
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Beckster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beckster »

Thanks, everyone!

armanius

Post by armanius »