My son's job....

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

My son's job....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My son and DIL bought their first house in December, and just got married in April, and now that he has a mortgage payment, he just lost his job. He was employed by Black Optex, a manufacturer/seller of zero lenses, PVS-14s, and related stuff. He was hired both as a gunsmith and to do trade-show sales. The company has been having cashflow problems, and as low man on the totem pole, my son got laid off. They gave him one extra paycheck of separation pay, and now they are down to one income.

I would surely appreciate your prayers that he would be able to find something quickly. Naturally, his mother and I are real worried for him and our daughter in law.

(EDITED TO FIX A TYPO....)
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

eureka40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My son's job....

Post by eureka40 »

Prayers for your son TAM.

I lost my job two weeks, yeah, two weeks after closing on the house we live in now. That was 12 years ago, but at the time, you could not imagine the stress I was going through. Never saw it coming. The company was bought and moved to Colorado.

The Good Lord truly provided for us and I was able to find something else fairly soon.
TSRA Life Memeber

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

We will faithfully seek God on behalf of your son and daughter-in-law. I am at church now and I will add them to our church prayer list.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

I sincerely hope he finds work soon and prayer is forthcoming . Gunsmiths are much in demand right now .

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

tam if his local iirc shootsmart had an opening or 2 not long ago

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cheezit wrote:tam if his local iirc shootsmart had an opening or 2 not long ago
He lives in North Richland Hills, so Shootsmart isn't that far for him. I suggested it to him last night, but I just called him again at your suggestion and told him what you said. Thanks.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Seabear

Post by Seabear »

That bites, we'll be praying for a fast and proffitable solution.
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
cheezit wrote:tam if his local iirc shootsmart had an opening or 2 not long ago
He lives in North Richland Hills, so Shootsmart isn't that far for him. I suggested it to him last night, but I just called him again at your suggestion and told him what you said. Thanks.
My BIL lives there. I will check with him - he's a teacher but is pretty well connected.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

I have an idea for some part time work that might suit him...PM inbound.

Lost my job abruptly 2 weeks before Xmas 2009. Was massively overextended and it was beyond traumatic in the callousness in which it was delivered. On the plus side it led me to Texas and a good, bright future with my current job. Hope things work out for him and I wouldn't wish the situation on anyone.
Last edited by olafpfj on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

He's in my prayers TAM. I also know the feeling. My situation was not quite as dire, no house payment and not married yet, but it was only two months before our wedding that I was laid off. I was just hoping she'd still marry me. That was 22 years ago and we're still married. Found a job one month before the wedding.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Moby

Post by Moby »

Absolutely sir
Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Stand brave and upright that the Lord may love thee.
Speak the truth always even if it means your death.
Protect the helpless and do no wrong!

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

I'm so sorry! I'll keep all of you in my prayers. I hope he finds something quickly.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

DocV

Post by DocV »

Well, that is horrible news. You all are in my prayers.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Ouch that bites. I hope it works out for him.

TxA

Post by TxA »

Your son and the entire family will be lifted up TAM! :thumbs2:
CHL 08/00

“We have no government armed in power capable of contending in human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
John Adams – 2nd President of the United States

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”