Prayer for our Representatives

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
varko
Posts in topic: 1

Prayer for our Representatives

Post by varko »

My good friend Kemper Crabb delivered the invocation before the Texas House of Representatives a few weeks ago. It has caused me to renew my efforts to daily fervently pray for these folks. I think it’s a good prayer for all of our elected representatives.
Blessed Father,
I come before You today to ask Your Blessing upon Texas, it's people, and especially the Texas House of Representatives, upon whom I pray that You will mercifully send Your Spirit to enlighten these Representatives as to Your Will and to anoint them with the wisdom and gumption to enact Your Will legislatively for the people of Texas. I further ask that You would draw them to Yourself so that they might know You more perfectly and be empowered to be more and more conformed to the Image of Your Son, fulfilling their function as Your Image-bearers in their personal lives, in their families, and among the people they represent before You and before our civil government. Cause them to live as godly women and men, and to advance Your purposes in every area of their lives and influence. Protect them from the snares of the world, the flesh, and the devil. In the name of Jesus Christ, I stand against Satan and his minions in this place, in their lives, and in their proceedings here, and I further ask that you will guard us by Your Spirit and angels from the vengeance of Satan and his hosts. Enlighten these Your servants to hear Your Voice, to love and fear You, and to serve and glorify You in all they are and do. Help them, O Father, to stand in the gap against evil for the people of Texas this day and every day to come. I ask all these things in the Name of Jesus Christ, to Whom be all Glory and Honor and Power, now and forever. Amen.
And if I were called upon to identify briefly the principal trait of the entire twentieth century, here too, I would be unable to find anything more precise and pithy than to repeat once again: Men have forgotten God. - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”