My mother's boyfriend just died....

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

OnceFired
Posts in topic: 2

Re: My mother's boyfriend just died....

Post by OnceFired »

Those moments of lucidity are a Godsend.

Years ago, my mother's father was less than a week away from turning 100, but was hospitalized with pneumonia and dehydration. He was completely out of it for days. I had arrived late - he hadn't seen me enter, and could not have had any idea as to who I was. He was quite confused prior to that on a typical basis. He was also nearly blind due to cataracts. For a short while I was the only person in the room with him, while my mom & her brother took a bit of a break since they had been there for days.

He came to, and recognized me instantly. He told me I didn't need to worry about him at all. He addressed me by name before I even spoke, and declared that he knew for certain that I knew precisely what he meant by that, with a clever smile on his face to boot.

Within moments he had fallen back asleep, and he slipped away later that night.

I found it quite miraculous across the board, for a whole litany of reasons. The point is God only needs an instant of genuine thought from us, and He is thoroughly capable of doing the rest.
Video games are an escape from reality. Gun ownership is for when you can't.
CHL - 07/03/12 submitted, 09/07/12 received
Texas Security Guard Jobs

hpcatx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hpcatx »

Very sorry to read of your mother's loss. I pray that she, the rest of the families (his and yours), and all those bereaved find some comfort knowing his suffering was not prolonged. He sounds like he led quite an interesting life and was a stalwart rock in your mom's. May his memory be a blessing.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

TAM, I was gone over the weekend, wasn't able to check in. I am so sorry for your loss and for your mother. please know I'm praying for you and your mother and the whole family.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I am sorry for the loss and my prayers for the family as well as for your mother
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Thoughts and prayers TAM. :tiphat:

Medic624

Post by Medic624 »

So sorry... May the Lord bless and keep them both and may she come to know Christ
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

TAM, I'm just now seeing this. Please accept my most heartfelt condolences and prayers for your mother.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”