Health Need: 4 year old boy with leukemia

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Health Need: 4 year old boy with leukemia

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Let's keep praying for Carter. The little guy is still undergoing aggressive chemotherapy and it's mighty tough on the poor fellow.

Chas.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Prayers will continue from here.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Will keep praying for the little guy.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gigag04 »

Still praying on this end too.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

Still praying here.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Same here.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

"But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth." (Psalm 86:15)

I continue to pray for Carter and his family.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Medic624
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Medic624 »

May the Lord bless, keep and heal this young man. May he bring peace and comfort to him and his family. In Jesus name... Amen.

Psalm 9:10
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You;
For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Edited for Psalm addition
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

UPDATE: Health Need: 4 year old boy with leukemia

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Here is an update on Carter. Please keep this child in your daily prayers. It breaks my heart for him to have to go through this. So to for his loving parents.

Chas.
Carter Update wrote: Carter Update - 2/25/2014

13 hours ago
After missing counts for two weeks, Carter began the dreaded “Delayed Intensification” phase of his roadmap on February 4th. While there is a light (the long term maintenance phase) at the end of the tunnel, this is awful. “Day 1” alone consisted of intrathecal methotrexate (required being put under), vincristine, doxorubicin and dexamethasone – a particularly strong steroid given in 7-day doses. Throughout this phase, he will also have pegaspargase, cyclophosphamide and cytarabine. While we knew this would be a tough and intense phase of treatment, we were not expecting the toll it has taken on Carter – and all of us.

Honestly, he has looked and felt the worst since his diagnosis 7 months ago. He has felt lousy, battled a cold, a stomach bug that he shared with his sister, seen his limited ability to participate in activities further limited by bad weather and had a planned family road trip / weekend to the Chesapeake Bay cancelled per doctor’s orders due to low counts. His scheduled trip to the clinic last Tuesday showed that his ANC had plummeted – which was not unexpected. However, his mother’s intuition was correct when she took him back to the clinic on Friday given how awful he felt. It turns out that Carter was dehydrated and his sodium levels were low – which can cause seizures. We were admitted into the hospital Friday afternoon for fluids and further monitoring. He had a restful night next to Daddy in the hospital bed and, thankfully, his sodium levels returned to normal and we were sent home Saturday afternoon.

He was back at the clinic today and – while his counts were ok – his sodium count had dropped again. We are to replace water with Gatorade in hopes of stabilizing the sodium levels. Once again, a rollercoaster ride/nightmare.

So much of this has been heart-breaking to witness. The first thing he often asks in the morning is “Am I going to the hospital today?” One day when Courtney was going to pick up dinner, he asked “May I please go with you? I’ll wear a mask.” No child should ever have to ask those sorts of questions. I thank the Lord for Carter’s strength, grace and love through this awful ordeal. Despite his spirits and energy taking a big hit, he continues to inspire me each and every day.

The need for comic relief has fallen upon Virginia – and she has filled that role brilliantly. She will perform her version “ballet” on command, does age-inappropriate booty-shaking dances and regularly tells her daddy that he has to either go outside or to the naughty corner (even when I don’t deserve it). She adores her big brother and is a blessing from the Lord, no question about it. We are thankful that she will not remember most of what Carter calls his “sad days.”

We continue to pray – and pray hard – for Carter. A friend told me that he prayed for Carter’s strength to handle these treatments, for the doctors’ wisdom in treating him, and for our stamina through this journey. The outpouring of love and prayers for our family is humbling and means more than you know. We ask that you continue the prayers as we believe in the power they provide not only to Carter but to us.

Love,
Chris

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Prayers continue for Carter and his family.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers sent for Carter and his family
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

We are also praying for Carter and his family.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Praying for Carter and his family.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

My prayers for Carter and family.
NRA Endowment Member

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

So young. My prayers are for healing and strength for his parents.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”