Prayers needed

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 4

Prayers needed

Post by nightmare69 »

Without getting deep into details, my girlfriend and I got pregnant and went for our first sonogram Wednesday, she was 9 weeks along. We found out the baby doesn't have a heartbeat. As you can imagine it crushed us both as this is our first, she however is taking really hard.

We go back next Thursday for another sonogram to see if anything has changed but was told don't get my hopes up. I now pray that she passes this naturally so the doctors don't have to intervene surgically. She feels a D&C is abortion and doesn't want to go through it unless she knows for a fact that there is no hope for the baby.

Just keep us in your prays please as God is testing us. This pregnancy was unexpected but I pray we both make it through it.

Someone at her work told her this is God's way of punishing us for getting pregnant out of wedlock. What a terrible thing to say and that really upset her.

I'll update as we know more but thanks for the up coming prayers.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayers needed

Post by The Annoyed Man »

nightmare69 wrote:Someone at her work told her this is God's way of punishing us for getting pregnant out of wedlock.
That person doesn't know Jesus. I pray that the Lord has you, your girlfriend, and your baby in the palm of his hand.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I don't know what could be said that would ease this situation except to tell you that ya'll are in my prayers. Praying for your physical needs and mental needs.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Have sent prayers your way for your baby, your girlfriend and you. God be with you. Amen.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Someone at her work told her this is God's way of punishing us for getting pregnant out of wedlock.
That person doesn't know Jesus. I pray that the Lord has you, your girlfriend, and your baby in the palm of his hand.

∆∆∆ This.

Prayers for you, your girlfriend and the baby.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

1. punch that person's lights out

2. I have seen God work miracles.

3. I will be praying for one for you and your girlfriend.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Prayers for all of you.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

Prayers up for that Baby, and your GF and you.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Many are already praying for you. Others will too as the day progresses.
I too am sorry that someone said such a hurtful thing to your girlfriend.
I am a retired (well, simi-retired) preacher after 40+yrs in ministry. I assure you when God calls you to Himself it is with gracious & loving kindness.

Bring your girlfriend to this prayer meeting & let her see what God's praying saint really look like.

We pray for this baby, both of you, & may our Gracious God give you comfort with His Presence since we are not able to be beside you in your hardest day. And I pray that in Jesus Name. AMEN
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Prayers for you all... Longtooth says it better than I can. Whoever said such a thing to your girlfriend is not a very nice person or, IMO, a good Christian.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I'm praying for you both. I pray the doctor is wrong.

I miscarried at 10 weeks. It was a horrible experience. I know it will not help your pain, but I learned that they happen more than we realize. The more I talked to my friends the more I learned of their experiences as well. It never takes the pain of loss away, but helps in a small way to know you are not alone. The person who said that to your girlfriend is a self righteous jerk.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

Prayers for the baby, you and your GF.
Also praying for the person who was mean to your GF.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 4

Post by nightmare69 »

Thanks all for the prayers. I'm starting to lean towards letting the doctors intervene so she don't have to see the remains of the baby, I know if she saw it at home it would crush her.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Praying for both of you.

My mother had two miscarriages when I was a child. When she was dying, over 50 years later, she said to me -- most sincerely -- that she was looking forward to meeting and loving her two "lost" children when she got to heaven. Eternal life is just that.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

TomV

Post by TomV »

Prayers offered for all of you.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”