Prayer request for Delta Trooper killed in Kirkuk Province

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Prayer request for Delta Trooper killed in Kirkuk Province

Post by Mike S »

A solemn prayer request for MSG Josh Wheeler's wife & sons, and for his team mates. He was killed during a raid that freed around 70 hostages from ISIS day before yesterday. May the Lord God help them find peace and the ability to persevere.

http://www.army.mil/article/157608/PRES ... /?from=RSS

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayer request for Delta Trooper killed in Kirkuk Province

Post by oljames3 »

Amen.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

kragluver

Post by kragluver »

God speed. May his family find peace that he is with Our Father.

The Krag rifle is the Swiss watch of MILSURPS.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Guys, Wheeler deployed 17 times!!! to Iraq and Afghanistan. He was a warrior dog. Oorah Master Sergeant. Rest in Valhalla. We will meet you there one day.
Wheeler's military education includes the Basic Airborne Course, Ranger School, Warrior Leader Course, Static Line Jumpmaster, Military Mountaineering Course, Basic and Advanced Demolition Courses, Advanced Urban Combat Training, Advanced Marksmanship Techniques, Close Range Tactical M4 Training, Infantry Advanced Leader's Course, the Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (Level C) Course, Infantry Senior Leader's, Military Free Fall Course, and the Military Free Fall Jumpmaster Course.

Wheeler's awards and decorations include four Bronze Star Medals with Valor Device, seven Bronze Star Medals, the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal, the Air Medal, the Joint Service Commendation Medal with Valor Device, the Joint Service Commendation Medal, seven Army Commendation Medals, the Joint Service Achievement Medal, eight Army Achievement Medals, the Good Conduct Medal (6th Award), the National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Service Star, the Afghanistan Campaign Medal with 3 Bronze Service Stars, the Iraq Campaign Medal with 6 Bronze Service Stars, the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, the Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon (3rd Award), the Army Service Ribbon, the Presidential Unit Citation, the Valorous Unit Award (2nd Award), the Ranger Tab, the Combat Infantryman Badge, the Expert Infantryman Badge, the Master Parachutist Badge, and three Overseas Service Bars.
Wheeler was posthumously awarded the Purple Heart.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Amen.

Chas.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

11 Bronze Stars. 11.

We are diminished. RIP MSG Wheeler.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Prayers sent for this brave soldier and his family. According to the administration his death is classified as non-combat in keeping with Obama's no combat troops in Iraq statement. I'm not military savvy but that just seems like nonsense. I would post the link but it's strongly political.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike S »

puma guy wrote:Prayers sent for this brave soldier and his family. According to the administration his death is classified as non-combat in keeping with Obama's no combat troops in Iraq statement. I'm not military savvy but that just seems like nonsense. I would post the link but it's strongly political.
Thank you for not posting the link. I don't wish to politicize a fallen comrade's death. Prayers are all I'm asking for.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Prayers sent for this family and all of our service men and women who serve in harms way so that we may be free.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”