Health Need: Darryl Voss

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Health Need: Darryl Voss

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I very good friend and Sunday School classmate has been diagnosed with cancer of one tonsil and one lymph node. I just talked to him and he received a very good report today from his doctors at M.D. Anderson Hospital. The cancer is localized to those two places and it is "very treatable." So it appears the Lord is already answering many prayers.

Darryl gave me permission to post the email and prayer his wife Cindy sent to many of us at First Baptist Church - Friendswood. It was sent yesterday, before receiving the great report from Darryl's doctor. It is a wonderful prayer not only for Darryl, but for anyone needing the Lord's healing hand. I hope it means as much to you as it does me.

Please join us in praying for Darryl.

Chas.
Cindy Voss wrote:June 28, 2007

Greetings from the Voss family,

There are many reasons for this letter. For some of you, it is to thank you for your support and to keep you updated. For others, I apologize that I have not personally talked with you to share what we are going through. The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of activity.

Darryl received a doctor’s report that he has a stage 3 squamous cell carcinoma on his tonsil and in one lymph node. We spent all day yesterday at MD Anderson running CAT and PET scans. We will hear those results Friday.

When I shared this news with my bible study group, one dear friend told me she had a word from God for me. Josh 8:1. Here God is telling Joshua to gather and army and HE will deliver the enemy into Joshua’s hands. Another reason for this e-mail is to invite you to be a part of our army. If for some reason you do not want to be a part, please just reply back and ask me to remove your name from our list.

We are so grateful for the many, many phone calls and cards that some of you have sent. What we are seeing is what I call “shot gun� prayers. Several people praying in many different directions. God tells us in Matt 18:19 “…that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.�
What we would like to do is share our prayers with you so that you can come in agreement with us. We also want to share with you the way Father answers our prayers. So many times, prayer request are sent out and you never hear what happened. Our goal, our prayer, is that we will glorify Father in every step of this journey.

We also believe that when we share our prayers with one another, we are showing each other our hearts. Our faith is strong today. There may be days when with your spiritual ears, that you hear a weakening in our armor. Those will be the days we will need to hear those encouraging words, those reminders of what God has already done on our behalf.

We may need to hear your testimonies. You, we, are the body of Christ. We believe God has blessed us with your physical arms to be His hugs, His support for us along this journey. “For I am the Lord, your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.’� Isaiah 41:13. We are so grateful for God allowing you to be His hands.

Please join us in praying:

Father God, You are Jehovah-Rapha. The Lord who heals. Even though we have seen what the doctor is reporting, we are believing in Your report. You say Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. There is no cancer in heaven. Your word tells us that by Jesus’ stripes we are healed. Your word tells us that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. We are standing on Your word Father, we are believing in the healing you are sending our way.

You are Jehovah-Jireh, the Lord that provides. Thank You Father, that You have gone before us and have provided everything we need to take this journey. You have provided us with the insurance to cover the bills. You have provided us with a job security and time off. You have provided us with a loving supportive family. And now Father You have given us an army to come along side us for battle. You have provided us with the privilege of living so close to the best cancer hospital. Thank You.

Lord, we come to You this day asking for renewed strength for tomorrow. As we hear more doctor’s reports, give us spiritual ears to hear Your words even more loudly than the reports. Open our spiritual eyes that we may see those You have placed around us that You would have us be a blessing to. Give us words of hope and encouragement for them. Give us boldness to testify to Your goodness every step of this journey. Father, keep that hedge of protection around our joy. Keep us on guard against the evil one as he will try to steal our joy, thus stealing our strength. “the joy of the Lord is our strength�. Neh 8:10.

To You Father be all the glory,

In Jesus’ Name ---It is so.

God Bless you all,

Cindy and Darryl

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Prayers sent.

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I have sent a prayer for Darryl Voss and his family and friends.

- Jim

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Prayer sent. And thank you for posting her letter; it was helpful in knowing which direction to pray.
Please keep us posted.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

It will be my privilege to pray for this person.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Her prayer humbles me. I will pray too but would wonder what more we could petition our God for.
The praying women in the KOG are our greatest warriors.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

They are both added to my list.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers sent from our household.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

308nato

Post by 308nato »

Prayers from here also

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

Prayers are with you!
NRA Benefactor Member

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Prayer offered up.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

In Jesus’ Name -- It is so.
Amen.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Prayers sent.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

prayers up and away
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”