Wife Sick with Cancer.

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 24

Re: Wife Sick with Cancer.

Post by twomillenium »

I know that you know that the next time you see her that Amy will be smiling and not in any pain or suffering. After such a lengthy illness, the relief that Amy has gone to be with her Lord does not negate the pain of not having her physical presence here with you. However, the loneliness of not being with her is subdued by the knowledge of knowing that she has only arrived at her heavenly reward before you. That pain never goes away but with GOD'S grace you will learn to adjust and live with missing her. You and your daughter can take a deep breath and now take the time to reflect on the best of times that was had with Amy.
I will continue to pray for strength and comfort for you and your daughter during this time of grieving.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 19

Post by oljames3 »

Still praying.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

May you be comforted among the mourners of Zion.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Deltaboy »

I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 56

Post by carlson1 »

Very beautiful Deltaboy.

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I went to grave site today and cried . :tiphat: I miss my fun and sweet Amy who been gone 3 years cause Cancer robbed her of those things before it killed her. The last 5 days she was deaf and blind!

Mike S
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mike S »

There will be difficult days brother. Few of us can even fathom what you are experiencing. Please try to remember the years you had each other as best friends, confidants, and the love you shared. The past three years do not define your time together here on earth; God blessed her with a husband who cherished her and held her hand through the most difficult of times, until He was ready to call her home. He will be faithful to you, and when you cry He will be there to comfort you.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SQLGeek »

Deltaboy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 pm I went to grave site today and cried . :tiphat: I miss my fun and sweet Amy who been gone 3 years cause Cancer robbed her of those things before it killed her. The last 5 days she was deaf and blind!
I'm sorry my friend. I wish I had the words. Grieve at your pace and may the sweet memories, bittersweet as they are, comfort you still.
Psalm 91:2

DocV
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DocV »

I am still praying. May the Lord comfort you and your family.

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

We are getting the estate settled and I went and spent 4 days on the Home place in Eastern Arkansas :tiphat:
We had a great visit and no phone service!
Dr gave me a clear bill of Health I dropped 55 pounds since January 1st and my BP down to 121 over 78.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 19

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Deltaboy wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:47 pm We are getting the estate settled and I went and spent 4 days on the Home place in Eastern Arkansas :tiphat:
Dr gave me a clear bill of Health I dropped 55 pounds since January 1st and my BP down to 121 over 78.
Good work, man ... although under terrible circumstances. I’ve lost 41 lbs since mid-January, but with Weight Watchers, instead of with stress.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I went on a diet Jan 1st .Modified Keto with 12-16 hours of Fasting! :tiphat:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 25

Post by WildBill »

Deltaboy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:33 pm I went on a diet Jan 1st .Modified Keto with 12-16 hours of Fasting! :tiphat:
I am happy to hear that you are trying to take care of yourself. Keep it up. :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 10

Post by BigGuy »

Deltaboy wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:47 pm We are getting the estate settled and I went and spent 4 days on the Home place in Eastern Arkansas :tiphat:
I'm from SE Ark. (Gillett, South of Stuttgart.) I lived in Hughes for a couple of years. Where in Ark were you?

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

BigGuy wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:43 am
I'm from SE Ark. (Gillett, South of Stuttgart.) I lived in Hughes for a couple of years. Where in Ark were you?

Clarendon

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”