Wife Sick with Cancer.

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 199

Re: Wife Sick with Cancer.

Post by Deltaboy »

Down 70 pounds! Paid for the Tombstone :tiphat: I weep every time I visit the grave!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

DocV
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DocV »

70 pounds is an impressive weight loss. Please don't over do it.
Amy knows you miss her.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 72

Post by SewTexas »

<3 thinking about you
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

joe817
Posts in topic: 6

Post by joe817 »

Deltaboy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:11 pm Down 70 pounds! Paid for the Tombstone :tiphat: I weep every time I visit the grave!
I know you weep. It is normal and to be expected. You are in the grieving stages and the Lord will tell you when you may cease. It will take time my friend. Keep the Faith, That's what Amy would have want. God Bless You.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Killadocg23 »

My good child hood friend/neighbor just passed this week from cancer. He was only 33. You don’t know how much it hurts until it’s some one close to you and you see them slowly withering away. It became very aggressive these past 3 months to the point he was unresponsive. God bless you and I assure you your wife is smiling in heaven looking down at you!

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I still having one ruff day a week. I cleaned out her side of the Bathroom last week and gave away over 200 bucks or Mary Kay and Esta Lauder stuff.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 56

Post by carlson1 »

We are still praying for you. I am sorry you are having to do all that comes with the loss of a loved one.

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Deltaboy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 am I still having one ruff day a week. I cleaned out her side of the Bathroom last week and gave away over 200 bucks or Mary Kay and Esta Lauder stuff.
It will probably hit you at odd times from now on.

The best I can say is the interval increases and the pain decreases. The only question on each is how much.

:sad: :sad: :cry: :cry:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Our Church is where it hits me the Worse.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 19

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Back in January, my pastor's brother lost his wife. She’d been ill for a little while, not a long time, and then her body just quit on her. Last month, my pastor and his brothers lost their mom. A week and a half ago, his other brother's wife died suddenly and unexpectedly. She’d been doing her favorite thing—feeding her horses—and they found her already expired, laying on the ground just inside the horse barn. Three mighty hammer blows on this precious family in just 6 months. One struggles to understand why. All three women were faithful believers, and are now with the One who loves them most; but that doesn’t change the fact that three godly men, paragons of our church and involved in leadership in one way or the other, are struggling to make it one day at a time, to understand where God is in all of this. It’s not that they don’t believe he’s there. It’s that they don’t know what else to lean on, other than the fact that, all the time, God is good, he is good all the time, and he loves them.

That is and should be sufficient. But when we hurt the most, it is sometimes hard to see that.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 72

Post by SewTexas »

grief is like waves, it hits at crazy times and sometimes you don't see it coming. just try to not let it knock you off your feet.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 24

Post by twomillenium »

You are in my prayers. I can only say (from experience) that you never get over it, you just learn to adjust and live with the loss. God will comfort your family and help you remember only the fond memory.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

92_days after her death our District called me in and let me go.
Said we have decide we no longer need your services. So after 15 years I back looking for Work with 4 years till retirement!

carlson1
Posts in topic: 56

Post by carlson1 »

Bless your heart. Keep going forward your mountain top is ahead.

DocV
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DocV »

PM inbound.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”