Wife Sick with Cancer.

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 72

Re: Wife Sick with Cancer.

Post by SewTexas »

I echo the pastor's words. we are praying for you.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Deltaboy »

Well her Cousin who had been going to Cancer Center of American in AZ, passed away suddenly Tuesday night we got the news Wednesday morning and Amy started down hill again. She stopped eating, sleeping 20-22 hours a day , her body functions has slowed down to a.crawl. She ready to go. :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Deltaboy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:14 pm Well her Cousin who had been going to Cancer Center of American in AZ, passed away suddenly Tuesday night we got the news Wednesday morning and Amy started down hill again. She stopped eating, sleeping 20-22 hours a day , her body functions has slowed down to a.crawl. She ready to go. :tiphat:
she's ready to join her cousin. I'm sorry, at least they'll be together. This is so hard
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

DocV
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DocV »

Prayers continue. I am so sorry for the painful time you all are going through.

Topic author
Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Deltaboy »

Hospice nurse said her body shutting down and she got 2-3 more days! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

God bless you and your wife and family. May he give you all the grace to carry you through this.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

carlson1
Posts in topic: 56

Post by carlson1 »

Hebrews 4:16 “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

may God bless you and your family and give you strength and peace
~Tracy

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 19

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I am praying this for your wife....
Paul, an apostle of Christ wrote:1 Corinthians 15:54-55 (ESV)
54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:
“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
55 “O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”
That is where I seek my consolation when someone I love is near the end or has passed, and I knew that person to be a follower of Jesus Christ. Still, I am grieving for you brother, and what you and your precious wife must endure for the next couple of days.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 24

Post by twomillenium »

Continue prayers for your wife, your daughter and yourself.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Prayers for her finding peace.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Killadocg23 »

Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time. May God bless you all.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 32

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers for comfort and peace during this transition. It is we that remain that needs the comfort. Those that leave us have no more pain. God always has a plan and only he knows what that plan is.

Let us know if you need any help, even if its just a few hours or minutes away to gather your own thoughts
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Prayers for you and your family. The last hours of the body's struggle to live while the soul longs to be freed to be with the Lord are difficult for all.

I read these passages at my Mom's memorial service not long ago:
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (ESV)
13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord,[a] that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.
2 Corinthians 5:1-10 (ESV)
5 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3 if indeed by putting it on[a] we may not be found naked. 4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

6 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rtschl
Posts in topic: 16

Post by rtschl »

Praying for you both.
Ron
NRA Member

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”