Wreck kills local church goers

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

Post by ELB »

Looking for something else I ran across the witness video of Young weaving around on the road prior to the crash. The video ends just before the crash itself, although there is a still photograph of the wrecked vehicles.

According to the linked articles, in November 2018 Jack Dillon Young was sentenced to 55 years in prison, with the finding that the truck was a deadly weapon, meaning he has to serve at least half his sentence before being considered for parole.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 378723.php
https://www.ksat.com/news/2018/11/09/ja ... bus-crash/

However, when I pull up his info at the TDCJ Offender Information search, it shows he has 12 sentences of 20 years each for Intoxication Manslaughter, one sentence of 10 years for Intoxication Manslaughter, and one sentence of five years for Intoxication Assault. A "Maximum Sentence Date" of 2073-05-06 is listed, which is 55 years from May of 2018, which is when he flunked a test of THC while he was out on bond. So looks like his bond was revoked and he got credit for time in jail awaiting trial. His parole eligibility date was 2020-07-04 (this past summer), parole was denied on 05-12-2020 with a new parole hearing set for May of 2021.

The verbiage on that page seems to indicate his sentences are consecutive, which would add up to 255 years. I suppose that somehow when you drop all those sentences into the Texas statutes for sentencing and parole and crank the handle, maybe 55 years pops out and a realistic chance at parole comes only halfway through, but ... I dunno. :headscratch
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

Post by Jusme »

255 years is not enough. They need to set aside one hour a week with any family members, of the victims, who want to attend, with no cameras, or witnesses. The day and time of each visit would be random, so he would never know the time or day. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”