my mother-in-law

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

flowrie
Posts in topic: 1

Re: my mother-in-law

Post by flowrie »

Prayers for you and your family.
We about about to go thru the same, MIL been with us since 2010, 92 years old, deteriorating fast.
Hardest on my wife.
God bless you for taking care of your MIL.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I am sorry, Tracy. I know all too well what you mean in going through the flurry of emotions. Best wishes and prayers for all.
Psalm 91:2

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

I'll add to the prayers for you and yours.

You've faced a very difficult decision and have arrived at it for a number of reasons.

Caring for and caring about someone who's afflicted with Alzheimer's is a very, very difficult journey.

We've recently lost my Mother and I salute my sister Patricia, of Charlotte, NC for her tireless efforts in support of our Mother.

God's will be done, and in the end, you will have the opportunity to reflect upon your journey.

Best Regards,

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

SewTexas wrote:Lots of emotions, some guilt, some fear, some sadness that it's time, some relief that there will be help.
Anyway, I'd really appreciate y'all's prayers, for me that I accept the help, for Robert...and our family. She is fairly disconnected from it all...the Alz, I guess.
Hey... NO guilt. You do what you can do and that's it. Get mad at Alzhimers for rearing its ugly head.

Prayers up for you and family. I have also passed your need on to our church. May you find peace and healing.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Praying for you and your family. Don't be shy about talking with the grief counselor at hospice.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

You folks are in my prayers. I agree with the comments about the disease. I had a friend that developed alz and his comment was that, for him, the early stages were the worst. He know what was coming and it was terrifying.

Chas.

Allons

Post by Allons »

Your family is in my prayers.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
SewTexas
Posts in topic: 8

Post by SewTexas »

thank you for all of your prayers and notes of support they have truly meant so much more than you can imagine. This week, esp today has been a whirl-wind of nurses, aides, a "social-worker" and a minister. I'm tired. But we're done for the day and now I know who to call for what need.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

this last week has brought some further decline....and then today....
she asked me who I was to her. She knew my name but not who I was. It broke my heart, just shattered me. She really hasn't had that type of memory problem to this point. The Alz had just affected just her short term memory, and physical stuff....but there have been some changes this week ... lots of lost synapses. :frown5:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

flechero

Post by flechero »

We'll be praying for you guys.

Please don't feel guilty... nothing good comes of if and nothing you did caused any part of this.

Cheapsk8

Post by Cheapsk8 »

PM sent to the man upstairs.
In life as in baseball, it is the number of times you reach home safely that count.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

I said goodbye to a part of my dad every day with this awful disease. He passed in 2010 and I'm still coming to grips with it. As time passes though, I remember who he really was, a great man. My Avatar is him helping me hold a Ruger Single Six and teaching me how to aim. Remember her as the person she really is and all that she for your family. You have done all you can do. It reaches a point that you cant help her anymore by yourselves. Keep her comfortable. God bless you for carrying the torch as long as you have.

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I realized I haven't updated y'all...

Naoko isn't eating much at all, so she has lost lots of weight. She doesn't talk much and some of what she says doesn't make much sense. She's sleeping probably 23 hours a day.
We have stopped begging her to eat. We try to keep her keep her awake while she eats what she wants, but that's it.
~Tracy

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

Our prayers will continue.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Continued prayers SewTexas,
I lost my dad to alz. He was only 65. It is an insidious disease. It is even harder on those who are caregivers, because, you still remember. Please try to remember her as she was before the disease, took her away. I'm sure that's how she would want it.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”