Prayer for my grand daughter to pick right school

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 3

Prayer for my grand daughter to pick right school

Post by RPBrown »

Some of you may remember me talking about my grand daughter bowling Jr. Gold Championship when my Dad passed away. Out of over 1400 in her division, she still managed to place 16th even with the grief of his passing.
Well, a couple of weeks later she went to the college combine and from what she said (family and friends not allowed to watch) they pretty well put her through her paces for 4 full days.
First, proud PawPaw because in the last few days she has received letters from several schools offering full ride scholarships both in bowling and academics. Most importantly, the #'s 1 (Nebraska), 4 (Vanderbilt), 5 (Sam Houston State), and 6 (Stephen F. Austin) ranked schools along with several others. She is wanting to either go into medicine or veterinary medicine so any of these have what courses she would initially need.
My prayer request is that she choose the school that she wants to go to without outside influences. She is being tugged in several different directions but she needs to be happy with her choice.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayer for my grand daughter to pick right school

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That is an important decision in a young person’s life. I will pray that she will have discernment and wisdom in making it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Praying for wisdom.

But if Texas Tech is not on the list, I really can't help.
:biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Prayers sent.
Have her do a scheduled visit, to each school that offred scholarships, so she can see, not only the campus, but, what is around it. I know Nebraska may be quite a road trip, but that will help her decide. She can also meet with other students, who are there for similar majors, and get their feedback, on each school, professors, etc.

I wish her luck, I know whichever school she chooses, will be better for being able to have her.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

oljames3 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:23 am Praying for wisdom.

But if Texas Tech is not on the list, I really can't help.
:biggrinjester:
Unfortunately TT doesn't have a women's team. I personally would like for her to stay in Texas but I want her to be happy so I keep my opinions to myself unless asked (and I haven't been yet :mrgreen: )
TSRA-Life member

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

Prayers sent!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

I was recently invited to guest lecture at Sam Houston State. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is a rapidly growing campus with not only historical buildings but many new, modern facilities and there was construction going on everywhere. SHSU seems to have a lot of resources, the students really love it there, the professor I worked with was extremely talented, brilliant in fact, but also warm and very friendly (and this was in the surface chemistry research lab!). In fact everyone there was very friendly. I can attest that SHSU would appear to be a great choice.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

If she has any intention of attending vet school it will be slightly easier to get into a school where she completed an undergrad degree. Although if she is being offered full academic scholarships, she probably won't have much of an issue getting into vet school. best of luck!

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:45 pm I was recently invited to guest lecture at Sam Houston State. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is a rapidly growing campus with not only historical buildings but many new, modern facilities and there was construction going on everywhere. SHSU seems to have a lot of resources, the students really love it there, the professor I worked with was extremely talented, brilliant in fact, but also warm and very friendly (and this was in the surface chemistry research lab!). In fact everyone there was very friendly. I can attest that SHSU would appear to be a great choice.
2 of my daughters actually graduated from SHSU and have spoken with her. Right now she is leaning toward Vanderbilt (yay, no Corn Husker :mrgreen: ). We are taking her for a full campus visit at Thanksgiving break. She has already arraigned the tour with the head bowling coach and the athletic director.
TSRA-Life member

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

Vanderbilt university a well known and respected College ! But if she wants to be a Vet it would be smart to visit TAMU or Mississippi State University they are the most respected vet schools in the region! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Praying for wisdom and knowledge.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”