Vehicle Repairs

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Vehicle Repairs

Post by SewTexas »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:47 am Update: I am not up to $2,544.00. Yours stupid put gas into the tank rather than diesel. They don't think I ruined the fuel system, but I sure didn't help it. Sixteen years of a diesel truck and I did this. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Going to the bank this morning for a signature loan. Pray it goes well.
ouch! distracted fueling? that's honestly one reason I won't get anything but a gas vehicle, I'm afraid I'd do the same thing.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syntyr »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:47 am Update: I am not up to $2,544.00. Yours stupid put gas into the tank rather than diesel. They don't think I ruined the fuel system, but I sure didn't help it. Sixteen years of a diesel truck and I did this. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Going to the bank this morning for a signature loan. Pray it goes well.
Oh man... that sucks beyond belief! Getting bit by your own hand hurts. Been there, done that, got the Tshirt!

Prayers up buddy that the credit union just happens to be offering a zero pct loan for their millionth customer and that's you today! Good luck!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Steve W
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Steve W »

Carlson1 where are you located?
I've done the same thing and it sure didn't cost 2500.00 to fix... I've also seen many ambulances filled with gas and put back in service with no damage.

The tank needs to be syphoned out, filled with 10 gallons of diesel and then syphoned again. Fill the tank with diesel,
Take off the old fuel fillter and empty it, replace and prime the system to refill the filter, remove filter and empty twice more... Install new filter and prime.. With all the priming, syphoning and dilution of the contamated fuel you shold be good to go.. That's what I did for my truck...

Also, If you have comp insurance on your truck repairs might be covered...

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

Post by carlson1 »

Steve W wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:08 pmAlso, If you have comp insurance on your truck repairs might be covered...
You are the greatest! I just called my insurance company to just to ask expecting a no. Well God answered prayers. IT IS COVERED AND I OWE IS $250.00!

:thewave

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

:hurry:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

PTL
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:06 pm
Steve W wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:08 pmAlso, If you have comp insurance on your truck repairs might be covered...
You are the greatest! I just called my insurance company to just to ask expecting a no. Well God answered prayers. IT IS COVERED AND I OWE IS $250.00!

Hey Carl,
Who's your insurance company?

Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Very Glad it worked out for you :woohoo

Steve W

Post by Steve W »

When I lived in Richmond my next door neighbor worked for Texas Farm Bureau Insurance as a Boss in the claims department.

He was always asking me about problems with diesel trucks and trying to learn about problems they received claims on such as injectors and the like. He is the one that told me they covered problems like gas in the tank, which really surprised me.

Just happy I remembered that little tidbit after all these years :)

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

Steve W wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Very Glad it worked out for you :woohoo

wooohooo!!!!! awesome!!!!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Good news for sure! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Great to hear it went your way ........... finally. But I know that you know God does and will provide.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”