Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Post by Jeff B. »

Adding prayers. I cannot fathom their grief.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm
C-dub wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am Holy moly that’s heart breaking. :angel: They are in my prayers.

Any previous medical conditions? Any ideas why yet?
When they put him to bed the night before, he had been spiking a fever, so maybe a febrile fever, but they still don’t know.
We are seeing a lot of flu in the hospitals already. Just not hearing about a lot in the news yet. I had 6-8 positives in my lab today just on my shift. And a couple positive RSVs.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

sugar land dave.

Post by sugar land dave. »

Terrible, and so very young. As someone who has suffered loss and seen friends through loss I can tell you that the pain never goes away, but you can learn to live with it, to not let it kill and bury you too. It hurts you to your very soul, but GOD will not leave you without comfort if you can just lift your eyes to see it.

Father, please be with these young parents who have suffered the unexpected loss of their child. Help them with your peace and comfort as they move forward. Help those around them to have the right words to gently lift them back up. I ask it with remembrance of your faithful love and with reverance for the price paid for us by your son Jesus. Thank you for all the gifts you give us Father, including strength.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

C-dub wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:15 pm
C-dub wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am Holy moly that’s heart breaking. :angel: They are in my prayers.

When they put him to bed the night before, he had been spiking a fever, so maybe a febrile fever, but they still don’t know.
We are seeing a lot of flu in the hospitals already. Just not hearing about a lot in the news yet. I had 6-8 positives in my lab today just on my shift. And a couple positive RSVs.
I meant “febrile seizure”, not “febrile fever”. I missed that when I was typing yesterday.

Thank you all for your prayers.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:06 am

I meant “febrile seizure”, not “febrile fever”. I missed that when I was typing yesterday.

I figured that's what you meant. How long have they been here? Recent travel outside the US and where is what bothers me. Two weeks ago we had a gentleman that had returned from India on Thursday, came into our ER on Saturday, and expired on Sunday in ICU. We still haven't heard what the cause was yet.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is to be a very rough Thanksgiving for the parents and family. Extra prayers today.

Chas.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

C-dub wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:43 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:06 am

I figured that's what you meant. How long have they been here? Recent travel outside the US and where is what bothers me. Two weeks ago we had a gentleman that had returned from India on Thursday, came into our ER on Saturday, and expired on Sunday in ICU. We still haven't heard what the cause was yet.
They used to be missionaries in PNG, but came home when she was pregnant with their son because she was having some prenatal health issues. They’ve been home ever since ...so almost 3 years now. Husband is now employed by my church, and wife does local mission work to foreign university students. We’ve known them for longer than that, but we were part of their mission support in the PNG, and we support her now in her local work.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

Prayers sent :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

We attended Rowan’s celebration of life service last Tuesday, and it filled our worship center to the rafters. There must have been 800-900 people there. It was beautiful and very moving, but I am still left with the question, “why Lord?” My friends are just devastated. This has hit everyone who knows them very hard. It is going to take a while to get over.

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

This is the unimaginable worse nightmare of every parent/grandparent. I am so sorry for the loss.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”