Page 3 of 3

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:51 pm
by Jeff B.
Adding prayers. I cannot fathom their grief.

Jeff B.

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:15 pm
by C-dub
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm
C-dub wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am
Holy moly that’s heart breaking. :angel: They are in my prayers.

Any previous medical conditions? Any ideas why yet?
When they put him to bed the night before, he had been spiking a fever, so maybe a febrile fever, but they still don’t know.
We are seeing a lot of flu in the hospitals already. Just not hearing about a lot in the news yet. I had 6-8 positives in my lab today just on my shift. And a couple positive RSVs.

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:34 am
by sugar land dave.
Terrible, and so very young. As someone who has suffered loss and seen friends through loss I can tell you that the pain never goes away, but you can learn to live with it, to not let it kill and bury you too. It hurts you to your very soul, but GOD will not leave you without comfort if you can just lift your eyes to see it.

Father, please be with these young parents who have suffered the unexpected loss of their child. Help them with your peace and comfort as they move forward. Help those around them to have the right words to gently lift them back up. I ask it with remembrance of your faithful love and with reverance for the price paid for us by your son Jesus. Thank you for all the gifts you give us Father, including strength.

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:06 am
by The Annoyed Man
C-dub wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:15 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm
C-dub wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am
Holy moly that’s heart breaking. :angel: They are in my prayers.

Any previous medical conditions? Any ideas why yet?
When they put him to bed the night before, he had been spiking a fever, so maybe a febrile fever, but they still don’t know.
We are seeing a lot of flu in the hospitals already. Just not hearing about a lot in the news yet. I had 6-8 positives in my lab today just on my shift. And a couple positive RSVs.
I meant “febrile seizure”, not “febrile fever”. I missed that when I was typing yesterday.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:43 am
by C-dub
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:06 am
C-dub wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:15 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm
C-dub wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am
Holy moly that’s heart breaking. :angel: They are in my prayers.

Any previous medical conditions? Any ideas why yet?
When they put him to bed the night before, he had been spiking a fever, so maybe a febrile fever, but they still don’t know.
We are seeing a lot of flu in the hospitals already. Just not hearing about a lot in the news yet. I had 6-8 positives in my lab today just on my shift. And a couple positive RSVs.
I meant “febrile seizure”, not “febrile fever”. I missed that when I was typing yesterday.

Thank you all for your prayers.
I figured that's what you meant. How long have they been here? Recent travel outside the US and where is what bothers me. Two weeks ago we had a gentleman that had returned from India on Thursday, came into our ER on Saturday, and expired on Sunday in ICU. We still haven't heard what the cause was yet.

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:37 pm
by Charles L. Cotton
This is to be a very rough Thanksgiving for the parents and family. Extra prayers today.

Chas.

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:43 pm
by The Annoyed Man
C-dub wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:43 am
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:06 am
C-dub wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:15 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm
C-dub wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am
Holy moly that’s heart breaking. :angel: They are in my prayers.

Any previous medical conditions? Any ideas why yet?
When they put him to bed the night before, he had been spiking a fever, so maybe a febrile fever, but they still don’t know.
We are seeing a lot of flu in the hospitals already. Just not hearing about a lot in the news yet. I had 6-8 positives in my lab today just on my shift. And a couple positive RSVs.
I meant “febrile seizure”, not “febrile fever”. I missed that when I was typing yesterday.

Thank you all for your prayers.
I figured that's what you meant. How long have they been here? Recent travel outside the US and where is what bothers me. Two weeks ago we had a gentleman that had returned from India on Thursday, came into our ER on Saturday, and expired on Sunday in ICU. We still haven't heard what the cause was yet.
They used to be missionaries in PNG, but came home when she was pregnant with their son because she was having some prenatal health issues. They’ve been home ever since ...so almost 3 years now. Husband is now employed by my church, and wife does local mission work to foreign university students. We’ve known them for longer than that, but we were part of their mission support in the PNG, and we support her now in her local work.

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:33 am
by Deltaboy
Prayers sent :tiphat:

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 pm
by The Annoyed Man
We attended Rowan’s celebration of life service last Tuesday, and it filled our worship center to the rafters. There must have been 800-900 people there. It was beautiful and very moving, but I am still left with the question, “why Lord?” My friends are just devastated. This has hit everyone who knows them very hard. It is going to take a while to get over.

Re: Please pray for two friends of mine who lost their little boy today.

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:02 pm
by 03Lightningrocks
This is the unimaginable worse nightmare of every parent/grandparent. I am so sorry for the loss.