My Name is anygunanywhere....

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

longtooth
Posts in topic: 14

Re: My Name is anygunanywhere....

Post by longtooth »

I have been out for a few days. I will remember your time in New York. Prayer, and more prayer for you.
Lord Jesus cover that time w/ your hand of restraint and victory for anygun. AMEN
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:38 pm
Beiruty wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:45 am
flechero wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 am
anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 am Yesterday was my one month of sobriety. I received my one month chip at last night's meeting.

Praise God!
Praise God, indeed! Congrats, brother! Keep your guard up, :tiphat:
Let me ask, how do you grade the withdrawal effects, from I miss something that goes away in 15min to I hate myself, I cannot function.
My problem with alcohol was not that I had to drink every day. Mine was that once I started I could not stop. I started blacking out.

I also threatened suicide.

My cravings have been along the lines of when I end my work day I crave a drink or when we eat dinner out. Sharing our favorite wines was a big deal. I have cravings nearly every day.

My hard time will be when I travel, and I go back to work at the end of January. I'm traveling to New York for two months. That will be my true test and I will be calling for help and seeking out meetings.
I have no clue about the cravings of alcohol, but I stopped Diet Cokes about six months ago. I was drinking anywhere from 24-38 a day. For three weeks I had withdrawal just like what I used to witness with drug users. Every Sonic I pass I have an inside erge that takes a while to get over. May sound silly, but it is serious business to me. It also raised my blood sugar even though it was Diet. Go figure.

Praying for you Anygun. Praying for strength and courage just to Walk On.

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 17

Post by anygunanywhere »

Thank you my friends. God bless all of you.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Like others, I don't know about alcohol, but after 40+ years of smoking 4 & 5 packs a day, I quit in 07. I think this was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. But by the grace of God, I am now 12 years without a puff. However, I do still get an occasional urge but it soon passes.
Just know that you have a tremendous support system in place with family, friends, meetings and the forum. We are all praying and will continue to pray for you.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

RPBrown wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:03 am Like others, I don't know about alcohol, but after 40+ years of smoking 4 & 5 packs a day, I quit in 07. I think this was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. But by the grace of God, I am now 12 years without a puff. However, I do still get an occasional urge but it soon passes.
Just know that you have a tremendous support system in place with family, friends, meetings and the forum. We are all praying and will continue to pray for you.
I quit in 2010 after 42 years. And Yes, I still get an urge, at least every month or so.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

4 months of sobriety today!

:thewave

Praise God!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:51 pm 4 months of sobriety today!

Praise God!
:anamatedbanana
Ron
NRA Member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Thank you Father God. :thewave
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Super congrats agaw! :clapping: May you continue down your successful road!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Praise God!
Good work and keep it up. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Congratulations anygunanywhere! My wife and I have prayed for you every night since you first posted. You can do this. Philippians 4:13. :thumbs2:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Praise God!
Congrats!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:22 pm Congratulations anygunanywhere! My wife and I have prayed for you every night since you first posted. You can do this. Philippians 4:13. :thumbs2:
Thank you! I have had some God moments in my journey.

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Thank you bblhd672, WildBill, Joe817, RPBrown, rtschl. I have grown to value the unconditional love of my brothers and sisters in the program, along with others who have helped me along the way. I have a long road ahead, one day at a time.

Eddie

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

Addiction is a lifelong struggle. Stay strong and live long.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”