Asking for prayers please

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 7

Asking for prayers please

Post by cmgee67 »

I am asking for prayers for myself. I am not sure if I have caught a stomach bug or not. About two weeks ago my stomach was hurting quite badly when I woke up one morning and had to take a day off work. I was also visiting the facilities a few times. Without getting into too much detail it started hurting again pretty bad yesterday and I woke up this morning at 3am with the same stuff. I catch stomach bugs easily so it’s possible I got it again. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I have three Christmas events today. I want them to be enjoyable but I am afraid if this makes me feel this bad all day I’ll have to stay home.... I am asking for prayers for relief. Thank you...

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Asking for prayers please

Post by carlson1 »

Prayers my friend for you.

mbschne

Post by mbschne »

Will keep you in my prayers.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Thank y’all. I have called my doctors office and talked to an after hours person so they can call me back when they are open. I think they open tomorrow. This has gone on a little long so I want to get checked and make sure it’s not anything to serious.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

cmgee67 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:19 am Thank y’all. I have called my doctors office and talked to an after hours person so they can call me back when they are open. I think they open tomorrow. This has gone on a little long so I want to get checked and make sure it’s not anything to serious.
Good idea, mine turned out to be gallstones. I’m praying for you.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers sent
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

abom2

Post by abom2 »

I wonder if there is a Stomach/Intestinal Virus running around. Was woken up at 10 PM Thurs. night with the urgent need. Spent the next 8-9 hours not daring to venture more than 10 ft from the toilet. Very uncomfortable internals and a low grade fever. This persisted into Saturday evening. The urgent trips were less frequent after the initial onset. This I believe is due to being completely void.

Water I could stomach and drank as much as possible but still showed signs of dehydration. Luckily my current job allowed for my wife to drive me to the different facilities I needed to inspect and all inspections were on the ground. I was feeling dizzy in the head and out of sorts a bit and did not want to risk driving in Houston in that condition. Was somewhat of a difficult work day due to illness, keeping focused, and keeping distance from people and using a lot of hand sanitizer. Used it before I touched anything someone else may contact later.

Broke fever late Saturday night. Up 3 AM Sunday, Felt better. Was able to stomach some yogurt and water. Saltines later in the day caused quite a bit of discomfort. Even today I can only eat a small amount food. None of my regular stuff though. The smell of beef, sausage, pork, even chicken leaves stomach queasy and head a little light. I am getting better though I think. I would not want a second round of it anytime soon. Still weak and only running at 70% my normal.

I just give thanks for all that I have been blessed with.

Allons

Post by Allons »

Prayers sent
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Prayers said. Stay away from anyone that you do not want to get ill.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Praying
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Thank you all. Was speaking with my grandmother tonight. She said it sounds like my gall bladder possibly. She said it sounds like what she felt like before hers was removed. It could be a virus I guess but I am feeling super bloated after just a little food and just a dull ache. It gets worse in the evening and at night. Will keep you guys updated

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I have got a DR appt at 3:00

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Prayers sent. Had my gallbladder out 4 years ago. I know what you are going through.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Went to doc and after exam I Had to get CT. Possibly diverticulitis. Will know more on what’s wrong once scan comes back. Got antibiotics as well

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

Prayers sent.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”