Prayers for my daughter

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayers for my daughter

Post by puma guy »

Prayer sent and she will be in our continued prayers.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
DocV
Posts in topic: 10

Post by DocV »

Some test results came in. Child V mono test came back negative as did her COVID and COVID antibody tests. Good news there. There are some results that are out of range but all attributable to her current infection. Her cancer tests also came out negative. Her new antiboidic is working. Temp is down to normal. Swelling seems to be on the decrease. Her doc says to expect up and down days for a while. She will have a CT schedulred after her current inferction clears. Kidney doc visit is scheduled two weeks out.

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by BigGuy »

DocV wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:04 pm Some test results came in. Child V mono test came back negative as did her COVID and COVID antibody tests. Good news there. There are some results that are out of range but all attributable to her current infection. Her cancer tests also came out negative. Her new antiboidic is working. Temp is down to normal. Swelling seems to be on the decrease. Her doc says to expect up and down days for a while. She will have a CT schedulred after her current inferction clears. Kidney doc visit is scheduled two weeks out.
Sounds like things are moving your direction. Prayers they continue.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Prayers sent from here too!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
DocV

Post by DocV »

She has a CT scan scheduled for 9:30 AM this morning. We shall know more soon.

Topic author
DocV

Post by DocV »

The CT scan verified the PKD diagnosis. I am not up to speed on the variations of this particular disease, but her condition seems to be one of the milder types or stages.

She will have the ovarian cyst removed on Thursday morning at Baylor Scott and White.

Everything seems to be working out as well as can be expected. Thanks for the prayers.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

Good to know. Please, keep us posted.
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
DocV

Post by DocV »

Thanks for the prayers.

I just got her back to her home from surgey. She looks good and is not complaiining about pain - just yet. The docs had to remove the ovary but my daughter is optimistic.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Prayers.

Topic author
DocV

Post by DocV »

My daughter is springing back from the surgery. She has some well-managed pain and seems to be back to her usual activities.

Her kidney doc was quite positive. From daughter's report her condition is on the "gooderer" side of not-so-good. A kidney cyst or two(?) may be at the poing of popping. Evedemtlly popping is not unexpected in PKD patients but hacing a cyst reputer can be quite painful/

The kidney doc is scheduling a MRI to check ChildV's abdomen to identify any pending repture-prone cysts. More concerning, the doc is also doing another MRI to see if and aneurysms are in place. The MRIs will be scheduled in December, pandemic permitting.

So the current report is optimistic overall with, of course, potential fluis in the ointment.

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by BigGuy »

Glad for the good news.

Micky

Post by Micky »

Prayer sent.

Topic author
DocV

Post by DocV »

I went home Wednesday. Got a call from my daughter to let me know she was running a fever. Gave Mrs DocV a hug and headed back to Dallas. The doc sent a Rx that seems to be helping.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

DocV wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:06 am I went home Wednesday. Got a call from my daughter to let me know she was running a fever. Gave Mrs DocV a hug and headed back to Dallas. The doc sent a Rx that seems to be helping.
Praying and agreeing.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
DocV

Post by DocV »

Daughter in Waco Scott and white ER. She had cdiff following the surgery. Completed the antibiotic. I brought her home on Saturday and she started having some bloating and nausea.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”