Prayer Request - I Have Covid / Wife Likely Too

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

slowpoke
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Prayer Request - I Have Covid / Wife Likely Too

Post by slowpoke »

Praying for you and Your Wife.
God bless you both. :txflag:
CHL 2002
NRA life member
TSRA Endowment member
TWA member

slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Praying for you and Your Wife.
God bless you both. :txflag:
CHL 2002
NRA life member
TSRA Endowment member
TWA member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Prayers sent!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Excaliber
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Excaliber »

Thanks, everyone!

My wife is getting the same treatments as Trump did: remdesivir and antibody plasma. They were administered last night. I'm hoping to get an improved status report this morning.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Excaliber wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:12 am Thanks, everyone!

My wife is getting the same treatments as Trump did: remdesivir and antibody plasma. They were administered last night. I'm hoping to get an improved status report this morning.
My brother was given remdesiver. He started improving almost immediately and was sent home after 3 days. My prayers for your wife.

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:08 pm

My brother was given remdesiver. He started improving almost immediately and was sent home after 3 days. My prayers for your wife.
We're hoping for a similar result. She said she was starting to feel a little better last night while she was getting her second dose of remdesivir.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bagman45 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:51 pm Prayers and best of luck to you and your wife for a quick, full recovery. That said, get a cheap pulse oximeter from Amazon to keep track of your blood oxygen level. Apparently, this is actually a blood disease that attacks your red blood cells such that they can't carry oxygen to your organs. If that happens, things go downhill quickly. I know someone who had it, and he was advised to go STRAIGHT to the ER when his blood oxygen saturation dropped below 90. He said he went from feeling a bit sick to nearly collapsing within hours. Couldn't even stand up by the time his wife got him to the ER.....
When I was in the ER in May of 2019 with a GI bleed, my blood oxygen saturation levels fell into the 70s, and doctors were VERY concerned. What I felt from my perspective was an incredible lassitude, and a feeling like I could just drift away. I was too sick to be worried or scared about it. Ever since then, I’ve wanted to add a pulse oximeter to our medical bag, but I’ve just been procrastinating. No longer. I’m ordering a couple of them today.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

Excaliber wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:17 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:08 pm

We're hoping for a similar result. She said she was starting to feel a little better last night while she was getting her second dose of remdesivir.
So far, that is exactly how his treatment went. I know they gave him two doses but not sure if he needed a third round. It sure sounds like it is working. Great news.

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

My wife got three doses of remdesivir.

They have cleared her to come home today, although she is extremely weak and we're told she will need to use a walker for several weeks. Her lung pain when breathing deeply will also last for several more weeks.

This will be a long haul recovery, but I'll be very happy just to have her home.
Excaliber

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Excaliber wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:31 am My wife got three doses of remdesivir.

They have cleared her to come home today, although she is extremely weak and we're told she will need to use a walker for several weeks. Her lung pain when breathing deeply will also last for several more weeks.

This will be a long haul recovery, but I'll be very happy just to have her home.
Glad she is coming home. Praying that a full recovery for y'all is quick.
Ron
NRA Member

03Lightningrocks

Excaliber wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:31 am My wife got three doses of remdesivir.

I am glad she is going home. The brother I told you about was put back in Hospital last night. He was having a kidney stone attack and when he got to hospital, they found an air pocket in his lungs. They tested him for Covid before admitting him and he tested positive... AGAIN. He was negative just a couple weeks ago when they sent him home. This virus is downright scary.

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Rob72 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:51 am

If they did not send you home with a spirometer, they are great tools for preventing pneumonia. She probably won't feel like doing many reps, but a couple of breaths. 3-4 times per day, is good care for recovering lungs, unless your doc has given you specific instructions.

https://www.stonybrookmedicine.edu/pati ... ometer-use
They didn't give her one but I'll see if I can get one.

Thanks!
Excaliber

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tex1961 »

Rob72 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:51 am

If they did not send you home with a spirometer, they are great tools for preventing pneumonia. She probably won't feel like doing many reps, but a couple of breaths. 3-4 times per day, is good care for recovering lungs, unless your doc has given you specific instructions.

https://www.stonybrookmedicine.edu/pati ... ometer-use
I second this... Unless as you say the doctors feel this isn't needed... It helps with lung expansion and keeps them in good working order...

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”