COVID and the holidays

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

COVID and the holidays

Post by RPBrown »

First I would like to pray for all of those with this virus. May those that have it heal without issues and those that don't have it, stay virus free.

Now, the reason for this post. I know there are others that had strange holiday's due to the COVID. Let's hear how yours was different.
For us, we normally have 25 at our house for Christmas. This includes brothers and sisters and their families, kids and grandkids and their families, my wife and I. This year, it was just my wife and I. My brother and sister and their kids had the virus at Christmas, my grand daughter that is in college decided to stay there to stay safe, our 3 girls and their families that live in Houston stayed at home because 1 of my son in laws tested positive (2 days later he was negative), my son had to work so him and his family didn't come and my daughter that lives here is battling stomach cancer and was not up to travel, even from Gun Barrel City. I was glad they all are well and stayed safe but sure did miss them all. That is usually the only time we all get together. Besides that, I see my wife every day :mrgreen: . We did celebrate the birth of our savior though. That's what its all about anyway.

Hope everyone else had a good Christmas
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RoyGBiv

Re: COVID and the holidays

Post by RoyGBiv »

Thanksgiving is usually the big gathering for us. We have a huge dinner and then invite lots of neighbors (and their families) over for a "bring your leftover desserts" and cocktail party. It gets people off the couch and gives them some time to interact with people other than family (you know how house guests can get after a while :lol: )

This year was just our immediate family and 2 close friends, eating outside (thankful for the warm weather). Certainly not the way we like to celebrate, but, making the best of it.

Christmas was nice, actually. We often travel for Christmas, so it was nice to be home with just the family.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I got covid the day after Christmas but my Christmas gathering was only three people. Have no idea who I got it from but I'm glad it's over.

equin

Post by equin »

My sister and two of her daughters got it after Thanksgiving. They're all fully recovered. Almost a month later, my father-in-law got it and ended up in the hospital two days before Christmas. So his Christmas was spent in isolation in some hospital room at UT Southwest. Luckily, he's now recovered, but we went through a scare with him during the Christmas holidays.
Ed

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Wife and I both had wu flu over Christmas/NY, she had it much worse ended up pneumonia in both lungs. Daughter/Son in Law present when we started having symptoms, neither of them have come down with it.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I had covid prior to Christmas, and my wife and I stayed separated as best possible in the house. Our daughter didn’t come in until right at the end of my quarantine, which ended Christmas Day.

Christmas Day we went to family gathering at my wife’s mom and dads. All of wife’s family was there, except for one nephew and his wife which were sill in isolation as they had been positive as well. Gathering was great (or so we thought). Unknown to everyone, my wife’s sister and family had gone to her husbands family gathering on Tuesday evening before Christmas and gotten exposed by someone who was apparently asymptomatic. They in turn had exposed everyone at the Christmas Day gathering, so had a total of about 20 new cases of covid. Everyone ended up with symptoms (except me, cause I already had it), and had to go into quarantine. :totap: luckily everyone’s symptoms were very minimal.

So, as much as I hate to say the government knows what they’re talking about, it is really easy to spread when you do gatherings this way. :eek6
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”