Arms Room League City

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Commander Cody
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Arms Room League City

Post by Commander Cody »

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

williamkevin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by williamkevin »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ExMarlboroMan wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
sar05 wrote:Jason - did you have a schedule change? Hadnt seen you out on Monday nights recently.

I actually beat my husband (exmarlboroman) last week by a few seconds. Now that my goal is complete I'll just sit back and enjoy life. :coolgleamA:
You need to do it again with your 2" 38Special. We could really give him a hard time then.

Chas.
Yea there ya go! Since I was shooting a three inch 1911! Now if she beats me with her j frame i'll really have to come up with a good excuse!
The best thing we can do with a woman who shoots better than us is make sure she's standing at our side when the fight starts!

Chas.
Truer words have never been spoken!! I've got mine..... :thumbsup:

KinnyLee

Post by KinnyLee »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
sar05 wrote:Jason - did you have a schedule change? Hadnt seen you out on Monday nights recently.

I actually beat my husband (exmarlboroman) last week by a few seconds. Now that my goal is complete I'll just sit back and enjoy life. :coolgleamA:
You need to do it again with your 2" 38Special. We could really give him a hard time then.

Chas.
Yea there ya go! Since I was shooting a three inch 1911! Now if she beats me with her j frame i'll really have to come up with a good excuse!
That's not a good excuse. :smilelol5:
You need to get her started on SSR. I'll need to do that as well. Soon after I get comfortable with CDP. :fire

jcarp02
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jcarp02 »

Quick question...I'm looking to start shooting at the IDPA matches at the Arms Room. I'm also looking to get a laser sight for my carry weapon which I will also be using for the match. Are there any rules against lasers or anything like that? If so, do most people take them off or just cover them?

bat1

Post by bat1 »

Laser NOT allowed, if you have laser, they will make you remove the batteries..PLUS, it really slows you down.. :nono:

BAT :fire

Topic author
jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jbirds1210 »

I have seen someone shoot the IDPA "style" match at the Arms Room with a laser sight..I do not think they care. The club is not sanctioned IDPA and many of the rules are not strictly adhered to.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

TraCoun

Post by TraCoun »

jbirds1210 wrote:I have seen someone shoot the IDPA "style" match at the Arms Room with a laser sight..I do not think they care. The club is not sanctioned IDPA and many of the rules are not strictly adhered to.

Jason
I have no probelm with IDPA-style matches where the IDPA rules are not pushed. But there is one thing to keep in mind when shooting one. You might get into a habit of doing something IDPA does not allow. If you go to shoot an IDPA sanctioned match (such as a regional or state match, or some such), you might do the wrong thing out of just pure habit. This is not a concern for many folks, but if you start thinking of competing in a sanctioned match, brush up on the differences and maybe shoot a match or two somewhere that follows the rules.
Thanx,
TraCoun

kyreb

Post by kyreb »

I really like the Arms Room. Wife and I renewed our CHLs there with Mr. Estep.

I will try to make a match soon.
NRA Endowment Member
Unrepentant Hobbyist

xring

Post by xring »

Here are a few observations that may help.
1 They are very forgiving of new shooters. As long as its safe and you’re new it will probably be allowed. Like not having a proper holster, no concealment garment, wrong caliber gun. No magazine holders. Those type things. If your safe, having fun and willing to learn they will help.
2. I saw a laser sight come on once but it was not being used.
3. This match is not sanctioned but started as a way to get more people into the business on Monday a typical slow night. The participants are getting more involved in the actual running of the match and I think it eventually will end up as a club renting a Range instead of a Range running a Match.
4 Most of the shooters enjoy each other company and are more than willing to help the new shooters with advice, equipment, and ammo if you run out.
5 After a few weeks expect some good natured competition and some kidding from the people who shoot about as the same as you.
6 Expect to get addicted.
7 Don't expect to beat all of the ladies sadly that time has past (Unless you’re very good)
8. Don’t use the excuse my eyes can’t focus on my site (That one is mine)
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
Will Rogers

LongHairedRedneck
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

I don't think that the PSC match is in the schedule for me this month. May do the Monday night deal. How much ammo will I need to bring?
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

jcarp02
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jcarp02 »

LongHairedRedneck wrote:I don't think that the PSC match is in the schedule for me this month. May do the Monday night deal. How much ammo will I need to bring?
I typically shoot between 60 and 80 rounds when I go. Let me know if you go. I'll be there Monday.

LongHairedRedneck

jcarp02 wrote: I typically shoot between 60 and 80 rounds when I go. Let me know if you go. I'll be there Monday.

I'm going to do my best to make it Monday, thanks for the ballpark ammo info.

LongHairedRedneck

Last night was fun, will definately be back again.

From what I can tell via youtube I shot with ExMarlboroman and wife.

Assuming scores are e-mailed to us?

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

You can check your scores at:

http://idpa.pistolscores.com/scores
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Last edited by WildBill on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Competitive Shooting”