IDPA club

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Papabear37
Posts in topic: 3

IDPA club

Post by Papabear37 »

Is there an IDPA club south of Houston or in Galveston County. I just saw the West Houston IDPA site and it looks lika an interesting way to start. I'm a member of PSC and have had some nice offers of help, which I appreciate and will be taking advantage of, but I was just wondering about a club devoted to IDPA.
Thanks,
Vern

CompVest
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IDPA club

Post by CompVest »

There is an excellent club at Pearland Shooting Club. It's run by our own Charles Cotton. They set up great scenarios and know how to take care of new shooters. Very friendly bunch.

http://pscidpa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
Papabear37

Post by Papabear37 »

Great news! Thanks for the information. Being new to PSA, I haven't had a chance to check out everything that's available. I will definitely give it a try.
Vern

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for the kind words CompVest! The IDPA crew are great and if it hadn't been for Jason Hall and Eric Achord, the PSC IDPA match would have ended 2 or 3 years ago. Marc and I needed some help and they literally saved the match. Then God sent us Jim Pierce and Kevin Svetlik to keep Eric and Jason from being over worked and the match really took off again.

Here is a link to the website I run for the IDPA matches at PSC http://www.pscIDPA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and here is a link to the official PSC Shooting Club website. It has a lot of information about the club, not just IDPA matches. http://www.psc-range.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.

Topic author
Papabear37

Post by Papabear37 »

Thanks, Charles. I look forward to meeting you and the other guys when I get back from Saudi Arabia (arounf mid-September). I'm anxious to try the IDPA shooting.
Vern

Strick

Post by Strick »

The WHIDPA guys are a great bunch also if you get out that way. I recently moved to the Houston area and started shooting with them back in January. Great group to shoot with and they do a great job with the matches.

I have also shot at PSC and they are a good group also and don't hesitate to go down there, but being out in Katy I don't get over there much.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”