Any 22 competitive shoots near DFW?

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
beads
Posts in topic: 4

Any 22 competitive shoots near DFW?

Post by beads »

Thinking about a 22 conversion kit and like to do IDPA and wonder if any shoots near DFW are offered in 22. Not trying to get in the debate about IDPA is real world defense so 22 is pointless... Looking for a fun time at the range and w/ 22 can shoot all day w/o killing my bank. Times are tough and takes me almost a month to save just for ammo for an IDPA match then the fee. Also where can I go local to practice draw-double taps that's not an hr away?
Thanks!
Jay
5/1/09 test
5/3/09 Paid online
5/10/09 received Pin & mailed packet
6/17/09 Processing
9/3/09 Application approved and permit valid
9/10/09 plastic in hand

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Any 22 competitive shoots near DFW?

Post by Beiruty »

Dallas PIstol Club. Match fee $20. Next match, this Saturday.

If I am in town, I plan to be there.

More info:
http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/ar.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can comepte with Pistol Matches too. Real world gun and Personal Protection Matches, both you can draw from strong side holster and shoot (if you are not a novice shooter)
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
beads

Post by beads »

Thanks I looked there quickly but didn't see anything about 22, or are you saying I can pratice IDPA skills there?
5/1/09 test
5/3/09 Paid online
6/17/09 Processing
9/10/09 plastic in hand

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

beads wrote:Thanks I looked there quickly but didn't see anything about 22, or are you saying I can pratice IDPA skills there?
I you looking to shoot .22LR rifle or .22LR in your pistol?

If Pistol, I do not think you can compete with less than 9mm at DPC. I do not know if you are member if you can shoot .22LR pistols in training.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
beads

Post by beads »

Yes 22 pistol so $20 entrance fee would only be like what $25 Tops end of the day. Why more ranges don't have something like this.
5/1/09 test
5/3/09 Paid online
6/17/09 Processing
9/10/09 plastic in hand

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Beiruty wrote:
beads wrote:Thanks I looked there quickly but didn't see anything about 22, or are you saying I can pratice IDPA skills there?
I you looking to shoot .22LR rifle or .22LR in your pistol?

If Pistol, I do not think you can compete with less than 9mm at DPC. I do not know if you are member if you can shoot .22LR pistols in training.
I believe that there are some matches at DPC that permit you to shoot .22 LR pistols. One of my friends used to compete there with a Ruger .22. But I don't know if A) you can still do that, or B) whether they will help you with your IDPA skills.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ea40ss
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ea40ss »

I think it is a shame that more ranges don't offer a Steel Challenge match or allow .22lr pistols in a match. The Steel Challene match is a great way to improve gun handling skills and is cheap enough to shoot with a .22 that the whole family maybe could afford to participate. With a .22 it improves all around gun handling, including: trigger control, sight alignment, transitions, grip, stance...well just about everything except the recoil and timing of a major caliber and the draw from holster, which can be practiced at home. (also malfunction clearing drills because sometimes .22s are a little finnicky)sp?

I was looking at some youtube video of the daps tuesday after work matches and it looks like there are no falling targets at least in the videos that I saw. You might send them an email and ask if they would let you shoot the match with a .22 if even if for no score. It would be fun.

I think shooting some matches with a .22 will absolutely help with your IDPA shooting!...but I don't expect any IDPA matches would allow .22s
Good luck
E

Topic author
beads

Post by beads »

I got an email from Dallas pistol club they have a 22 class for steel challenges. I agree w/ the economy and almost every Manufactor is now making a 22 version to help w/ training and cost(AR) would be a growing market for action shooting
5/1/09 test
5/3/09 Paid online
6/17/09 Processing
9/10/09 plastic in hand

Return to “Competitive Shooting”