Thinking about BUGS

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

jbirds, you hear that? Are you in town next Wednesday?

Is it possible to rack up a negative point total in Limited Vickers? I assume it is, and I may be the test case... ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jbirds1210 »

Ya know Skip......we are coming back from Oklahoma on Wednesday and it might get miraculously timed to hit Conroe and I-45 South at match time. ;-) BUG match=less stuff I need to pack. I can shoot with what I have on when I get there. I will do my best to make it.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

No excuse not to show up this evening for our BUG match.

Weather is perfect
'tween holiday traffic is light
Scenarios are challenging
Pizza is warm and fresh

See you there

Topic author
HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I won't be there. :oops:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

Dag nabbit. Got paged from work and was tied up until about 30 minutes ago. As Steve said, perfect weather, the best Wednesday traffic we'll get, and the pizza sounded really really good after ham leftovers for a couple of days. I even made a point to practice a bit with my BUG at the range Saturday...and knew that anything over seven yards was going to be challenging, to say the least. ;-)

One of these days...
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

You guys missed an excellent match! I had a great time on very little sleep! As always, wonderful group of people having SAFE fun while learning that those BUGS don't always work the way we want them to and definitely unlike their full size companions.

Lesson learned: Practice reloading under pressure with small Glock...that mag release is not in the same place! Nor do the smaller mags work when inserted sideways, upside down, or backwards! :oops: I am not naming any names, but someone actually started humming the jeopardy tune in my ear while trying to pull off this reload on my knees.

It would be worth driving across three states to shoot with this group....really great folks.

LT disclaimer: My Glock functioned flawlessly except for what the goofball behind it causing a nasty reload. :grin:
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

casselthief
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by casselthief »

sounds fun!

everytime I hear BUG, I think of
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

The good news about last evening's match is it was cool enough that there were no bugs at the BUG match.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”