PSC 3 gun

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bnc
Posts in topic: 2

PSC 3 gun

Post by bnc »

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who was very happy to get the email today saying that PSC is starting up 3-gun matches. That was actually the number 1 item on my PSC wish list, and it's a perfect excuse to buy more guns. ;-)

I was poking around the net looking for 3-gun regulations and primers so that I could start acquiring the kit and learning how the match works. If someone could point out a good source for the regulations (game rules, equipment classifications) that PSC will be working from I would appreciate it. I'm not sure if the rules for 3-gun are universal or not.

This will certainly impact the shotgun purchase I was planning to make in the near term, and I may want a different semi-auto rifle depending on how the match works (currently have a Yugo SKS).

With as great as the IDPA matches are, I can't wait to participate in 3 gun!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 8

Re: PSC 3 gun

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The email has most of the rules we will follow, but some were left out. For example, .223 only, 7 1/2 shot for shotguns, rifles loaded to max, shotguns loaded with 7 rds unless otherwise states in the scenario, pistols loaded to the IDPA Division capacity, even though we aren't using IDPA Divisions. "Optic" means anything other than iron sights, including magnification, red dots, etc.

Chas.

cajunautoxer
Posts in topic: 16

Post by cajunautoxer »

Glad you posted this. I may have to see if I can get away for a little while and go shoot! Hey Charles if I run open I can run my shotgun mags fully loaded with 10 right?

Topic author
bnc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bnc »

Thanks for the info, Charles.

For the rifle, would a 5.45x39 be allowed in place of .223/5.56?

sskimber

Post by sskimber »

cajunautoxer wrote:Glad you posted this. I may have to see if I can get away for a little while and go shoot! Hey Charles if I run open I can run my shotgun mags fully loaded with 10 right?
The short answer is no, there is not an open division only iron sights and optics. shotguns are loaded to a maximum of 7.

Please remember the maximum number of shooters is 50 and preregistration is required.

Kevin

gwashorn
Posts in topic: 5

Post by gwashorn »

I did not get a PSC notice on the 3 gun. When was it sent out? I knew it was coming. Hoping to get to try it out.
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

gwashorn wrote:I did not get a PSC notice on the 3 gun. When was it sent out? I knew it was coming. Hoping to get to try it out.
About 1:00 pm today. There's still room, but register soon. It's filling up fast.

Chas.

cajunautoxer

Post by cajunautoxer »

So can I run a converted Saiga 12? I only have that or a Brownimg OU for a shot gun

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

I have not gone out and shot my AR or Shotgun in a year now. Not sure I feel confident enough to run with them in a match. But sure want too...
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

gwashorn wrote:I have not gone out and shot my AR or Shotgun in a year now. Not sure I feel confident enough to run with them in a match. But sure want too...
Come on and shoot with us! If you shoot well, then you would have worried for nothing. If you shoot poorly, well . . . I need something for the blooper reel anyway. :rolll

Chas.

cajunautoxer

Post by cajunautoxer »

It's fun. I shot last month and got second highest in penalty time. Still had a blast!

sskimber

Post by sskimber »

cajunautoxer wrote:So can I run a converted Saiga 12? I only have that or a Brownimg OU for a shot gun
With iron signs and loading no more than 7 rounds either shotgun will work!!!!

Kevin

cajunautoxer

Post by cajunautoxer »

Sweet I usually use my buddies shotgun but don't know if he can make it. Gotta confirm I'm free next wknd

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

Well, I have signed up. So everyone DUCK!!! OK, I will keep the shots down range. I am wondering how much sling use I will need to do? I have not practiced with my sling. Guess I will NOW!. Should be fun though and looking forward to it. I have heard from fellow IDPA shooters how addictive it is. Great, there goes my ammo budget...

I have mostly steel 7 1/2 shot for my 12 gauge. I think lead is required. What gauge should I get for this? Thanks.
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

cajunautoxer

Post by cajunautoxer »

gwashorn wrote:Well, I have signed up. So everyone DUCK!!! OK, I will keep the shots down range. I am wondering how much sling use I will need to do? I have not practiced with my sling. Guess I will NOW!. Should be fun though and looking forward to it. I have heard from fellow IDPA shooters how addictive it is. Great, there goes my ammo budget...

I have mostly steel 7 1/2 shot for my 12 gauge. I think lead is required. What gauge should I get for this? Thanks.
Granted I've only done one 3gun but a sling wasn't needed. I'm in with my inlaw. It'll be fun

Return to “Competitive Shooting”