January 27th PSC-IDPA Match Status

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Jeremae
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jeremae »

CaptDave wrote:
Jeremae wrote: And Jonathan had match high score on stage 4...
Yea, that little dude slipped by me by like 6/10th's of a second.... :mad5

--Oh wait, it's not about the score....... :iagree:

And I'm glad to see he performed so well!

Congrats to Jonathan on a great run on stage 4! :hurry:
At least (based upon scores from that match) you don't have to suffer through the constant humiliation of having your teen age son, who you taught to shoot, shellacing you like I have... :oops: ... in fact only time I've scored better than him in a match was before he got a decent holster and mag carriers. He used to still beat me when he kept spare mags in back pocket and used a generic nylon Uncle mike's holster. :banghead:

In truth, I am very proud of him and make sure he knows it is just kidding and want him to do his best.

VP

Like everyone says, the only score that matters is your own, especially when shooting at thunder as there are I think 3 or 4 Master and 3-5 Expert shooters among the regulars. My first match at thunder last March, SRVA was SO, I Dropped my magazine on the table while doing my first Load and Make Ready :oops: I love shooting at thunder because amidst the good natured kidding that goes on, I get excellent tips and advise (that would cost big bucks in formal classes) that I can see have improved my defensive shooting skills. In fact this is NOT unique to the guys at thunder. Those who shoot at PSC are just as welcoming and just as helpful (even if they don't have weekly fun matches to give us more oppertunities to shoot wink wink nudge nudge)

Try also to remember that despite trying to be realistic, IDPA is still a GAME and we get more out of games when we have fun. As a teacher, I'm sure you are aware that people aquire and practice life skills playing games even when the object of the game has nothing to do with the skills. I was DEAD last at 2006 Texas State Match in overall score but still happy with my score because I did my best, had fun, met with lots of friends, made new friends and shot safely for the whole match.

Now if I can just figure out how I'm supposed to both "Increase my Focus" and "Relax" at same time... then I will have learned.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”